Chapter 20 : Music performance

"Together?"

*****

The day of the concert soon arrived and Sena was very stressed . She didn't perform in front of people for months.  She was thoughtful. She knew her music and her score, she was strong and talented, but she still doubted herself. She was afraid of screwing up.

It was time. She went towards the piano, in front of the crowd. Everyone seemed far and near from her at the same time. Like shadows she couldn't see because of the dazzling light. But she knew they were there, she could hear and feel them. The lights blinded her. She sat on the bench after bowing at the public.
She began to perform her score. The song resounding all around the place. People watching her. And among those people, there was Jungwon. Looking at her. With sparkles in his eyes. He admired her. Her beauty, her art, her talent. Every note resonated in Jungwon's heart.

At the end of the song, she stood up and waved at the public, and suddenly, her eyes met Jungwon's. Even though she could hardly see anyone because of the lights. They smiled at each other, and before leaving the place, her teacher appeared behind the curtains with a microphone in the hand.

"So hello everybody, I'll present you Sena. She's a good musician; and we have a surprise for you today." at the same moment, Jungwon stepped on the stage hesitantly . Her eyes widened when she saw him. The last time they had talked about it, Jungwon had refused to take part.

But he really wanted to do it with her. And he wanted to surprise her.

They sat next to one another. The lights against their faces. They began the music. No mistakes. They were stressed about it. Very stressed, and doubtful. But they made it. Jungwon wasn't confident at all, but he tried to impress her. He tried to be proud of himself.
With each note and change and relay, they looked at each other with a smile, as if to tell each other not to worry, that everything would be all right, that they'd get there together.
At the end of the performance, the crowd applauded them. Everyone were shouting their names, and whistling.

They were happy. A great experience to do with someone you like. And for the first time, he enjoyed something he never did before and something he never did with someone he liked.

*****

In the backstage, they looked at each other, before laughing. It was funny and all the stress went away as they left the stage.

"It was amazing. You did a great job Jungwon!" Sena said enthusiastically.

"You too. I love to hear you perform. And you are the best teacher in this world. I'm sure I couldn't do it without you! " He said.

"Stop talking nonsense again. You are just very smart and talented."

They waited together that all the performances finished.

*****

They were sat on the stairs outside of the theater. The night was falling. They were tired. Even if they didn't do much, they were very tired. But they enjoyed being together.

"Sena, I have to give you something." He stopped smiling. He seemed hesitant.

"What?" She asked confused by his change of expression.

"Look at this."

He reached into his pocket and pulled out a little white box. She looked at it confused.

"What is that?" She asked, hesitant to take it.

"Open it."

She opened it gently and her eyes widened by surprise when she saw 2 bracelets. Two couple's bracelets with a symbol, looking like a knot. They were shiny, sparkling, and silver.

"Why?" She looked at him with a confused look.

"Because I want to give it to you, and it's also a way to congratulate you for your amazing performance today! "

"You don't need to- "

"It's okay. There are two bracelets , because it's for the two of us. I bought them when we went to the shopping mall last time! " He finally said, smiling.

She looked at him, and her eyes softened by looking at the bracelets and his beautiful smile. He was so happy to give it to her.

He took one of the bracelet and tied it to her wrist.  She watched him tie it up attentively, with a feeling of gentleness and kindness she's never felt before. She was so grateful to have met him. She finally took the second bracelet and tied it to his wrist too. They looked at it and finally, he took out his phone before taking a picture of the two couple's bracelets wearing by both of them.

"It's cute. And so pretty" she said, "thank you so much."

*****

They continued talking, and finally, tiredness overtook them. She put her head on his shoulder, and he wrapped his arms around her.

"Sena, do you want to go to the beach this week?" He asked suddenly.

"To the beach?"

"Yes. Just for 2 or 3 days. Just a week end. "

"With who?"

"Just the two of us."

*****