Chapter 27 : You & Me

"Take it with me."

*****

"What do you mean by 'take it with you' ? I don't get it ." she seemed so confused and perplexed as his words.

"I mean... I want you to be with me." He said softly.

"But I'm often with you."

"Are you stupid? Or are you pretending to be stupid? " He asked a hint of disappointment and annoyance in his voice.

"Hey! "

"Sena, seriously... I have feelings for you..."

Her eyes widened, understanding the meaning of his words. She thought she mistook the meaning of his words, but finally not. She really understood what he was saying.

"Feelin-"

"Yes. I like you. I don't know why. I don't know since when. I don't know if it's only friendship and I can't make the difference between friendship and love. But the only thing I know, is that I want to be with you everyday. I want to take care of you. Or just to be here with you in the good and bad days. Living with you the worth and the best. I want you to smile, to laugh, to cry , to scream and shout with me . I want to be the one that makes you smile, that makes you shout at me , that makes you feel all the feelings you can't feel without me. I want to be yours..." he finally said without realizing what he was saying, or at least not realizing that he was saying all he was thinking.

She didn't answer. She didn't know what she could reply. She hesitated. She avoided his gaze.

He gradually lost hope of a good answer.

"I know that it can change everything between us by telling you all of that. But I think it's better for me to tell you what I feel for you. I hope you're not going to hate me." He looked at her, hesitantly, then he hugged her suddenly. For a few seconds, before turning around and leaving her without even saying goodbye.

*****

She was in her bedroom, perplexed, thinking about him, about earlier. She took out his medal from her pocket and looked at it, for minutes. She analyzed it, while thinking about him, about his disappointed face when she didn't answer him properly earlier. She sighed heavily. She didn't understand why did he tell her all of that all of a sudden. She felt strange, anxious, stressed, confused, angry but also reassured. As if it was only what she wanted the most. All the times she felt guilty for having strange feelings towards him, thinking she would destroy their friendship if she let them talk for her.
She was thinking about an answer, she couldn't leave him alone, without any answer. She stood up and grabbed something to hang the medal over her bed. She hung it up and smiled while looking at it.
After a few minutes by shouting in her bed, she took her phone by a stroke of madness.

"Let me be yours then."

Message sent

*****

The next day, they planned going to the forest and having a picnic, like their very first date.

After reading her message, he shouted and cried so much of happiness. He felt so bad, frustrated and sad after leaving her without answers, thinking that he would be empty, without her friend, and her love. He thought that he had detroyed everything. But in fact , he was wrong.

They walked in the forest, hand in hand, intertwining their fingers. They smiled softly, as if everything was just a dream, a fairytale dream.

For the first time they went out together hand in hand, smiling, without talking, just enjoying the feeling of being together, the sound of nature and the sense of their heart beating.

They sat on a bench in the middle of the forest. The grass and the trees made the atmosphere and the view so green and alive. The wind brushing leaves, and grass, the birds singing, the clouds surfing slowly in the middle of the sky, almost hidden by the tree tops.
The smell of the wooden bench made the atmosphere so chill.

They began to eat,  and talk about everything. Together, they could talk about anything, like two best friends gossiping. They were happy to spend time together, but in a different way. Even her mother heard the new and was almost happy to see that her daughter was in a relationship with Jungwon, but only because he was Jungwon. Her mother already considered him as her son.

*****

After eating, they went next to the lake of the forest. They sat, and just looked at the lake, and all the landscape.

"Do you remember last time when we went out together for the first time? When we didn't know each other much? " she said

"Yes. I remember, it was so cool. It was the beginning of a long story I suppose. "

"Do you think that at that moment,  you would have feelings for me ?"

"No. Or maybe I just didn't ask myself. "

"Me too... it's strange. Like what are we? Dating. So crazy! " she shouted, making him chuckle . 

"It's cool. I like it. "

"What?"

"This."

"What?" The conversation turned funny, when they didn't understand each other that much. And it happened so many times between them.

"This situation, this place, this vibe, this feeling, It's cool. I feel good now." He finally said, without looking at her.

"Me too. It's just you and me..."

"You and me in this world. Nothing can separate us, it's like fate. We're meant to meet each other, being friend, and ending together. I'm happy that I've met you."

"You are cute Jungwon. But yes, we are strong together. More than anyone and anything. Thank you for being here with me." she moved closer and put her head on his shoulder while looking at the lake.

The sun was reflected on the water, the ducks, and birds were bordering the lake. The air was cool and warmth.

*****

At the end of the day, when the sun had gone down, they were walking towards their house. The day was so cool, and such a good feeling for both of them. They listened to the sound of birds, and wind. It was almost midnight. They have spent all the day together. Enjoying the presence of each other. Her mother asked her to come back home, so she decided to leave but in fact , they stayed together in front of the house. Her mother knew she was there, but she let her.

He touched her hair gently, with such a soft smile, tucking a lock of hair behind her ear. He was staring her. She looked at his eyes, his shining eyes. His smile making him prettier, with a dimple appearing each time he was smiling.

"I think I should leave now." she said softly.

"Of course you should, but you don't want? " he said laughing.

She chuckled and finally turned around to leave, him too. But after a few seconds, she turned again, ran towards him, and kiss him on his cheeks.
His eyes widened, at her sudden behavior, and finally he smiled.
He put his hands around her waist, bringing her closer to him.
He gently lifted her chin, making her look him straight in the eye before kissing her passionately, with love, tenderness, admiration and kindness. Just what he had wanted for so long.

*****