30

WESKER

WESKER

The next day, the package I ordered arrived sooner than expected.

It was an electric wheelchair that is invented for wounded veterans that survived World War II, with motor and battery built into the chair under the seat.

The doctor has already started his dayshift when I brought her indoor transportation into the room.

The smell of freshly brewed coffee filled the air, and made me realize I forgot to have one earlier before I left my bedroom for work.

Y/N appears to have finished her morning routine, and dressed with a newly washed short sleeved, light blue hospital gown.

"Good morning Albert."

I was taken aback by how long her hair have become and no one actually thought of cutting it down to manageable length.

I barely even paid attention since it's always been tied and laid neatly over the other side of the bed, opposed to my usual sitting position.

Now that she's sitting while being supported by a pile of pillows behind, all those strands are free flowing over her shoulders, through the pillows and down the white cotton blanket.

The nurse must've washed and styled it to her liking and it does look ethereal, however, this could cause a major inconvenience later once she sits on the wheelchair.

"Albert?"

Y/N shattered my thoughts to pieces, I had to clear my throat to bring myself back on track.

"Good morning. Have you started eating breakfast?"

"No, not yet."

"I see. In that case I can't walk you through the rough pavement yet."

"Oh."

She said as her mouth worn a sullen expression.

"I didn't say we have no other options. We can still watch either sunrise or sunset at the rooftop if you want."

"Really?"

"Of course."

I pushed the chair towards the bed as close as possible and locked the brakes.

"You probably need to tie your hair up. It could get entangled in the wheels."

"She can't grip that hard yet."

"It's alright. I'll just keep it on my lap."

Y/N struggled to elevate her arms higher than her shoulders so I helped gather all her hair into one place and handed them on her palm.

Our fingers brushed against each other in the process. I felt a minor spark and judging by her arm jolt she felt it as well.

She kept avoiding my eyes afterwards, however, the only way to transfer her was for me to assist the doctor by directly facing her.

I interlock my fingers to lift the back of her knees while he supported her from the armpits using his forearms, careful not to touch her chest.

It was brief but our faces were merely inches away that I couldn't help but stare at her slightly parted lips.

"Are you feeling dizziness or any type of weakness?"

The doctor asked as he put a pair of white, soft-sole shoes on her feet.

"N-no..."

The doctor was swift enough to think further ahead and slid a folded white towel behind her back as a cushion replacement.

"Thank you."

Y/N spoke under her breath.

"No problem. If you experience even the smallest amount of pain, you have to let someone else know, okay?"

"I will."

He helped hold her IV drip post while I push her wheelchair out to the exit, and immediately left after we found a perfect spot near the wall, away from the helipad.

The sun's rays are shining brightly so I offered her my sunglasses in case she needed it.

"No, don't take it off. It looks good on you."

"Really?"

"Yes. You look like some celebrity trying to hide his identity. I kinda like it."

I felt a smirk formed on my lips. Even though she has no memories of her past, her personality hasn't changed.

"Aren't you supposed to be wary of people shrouded with air of mystery?"

"True, but not all of them looked out for me this long though."

We locked eyes again and I had chosen to break it for my own sake and walked near the edge.

I caught a glimpse of some of the researchers whom are walking towards the herb plantation behind the building.

It serves as a facade to fend off nosy journalists from questioning where we derive most of our knowledge about the medicinal products we produce for the masses.

"Ah."

I turned around and saw that the gentle breeze caught a few strands of her hair.

"You probably need to get a haircut."

She blew it off of her nose but it returned at the same spot.

"You're right. And it's a bit heavy."

"Do you want it done right now? I know someone who does it well."

"Yes please."