AODT Writer's Note: A Reminder

ALL RIGHTS RESERVED 2022

Aisles of Discrete Time 《2022 • Nuivereign》

Story by Nuivereign

Started: March 25, 2021

Finished: June 20, 2024

Final Revision: (Currently editing basic details)

This book is currently being finalized and revised. Feel free to reach out to me if a dispute arises with the following books that will be released soon. CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM is encouraged. :>

Lessons to take:

Aisles of Discrete Time is the second continuation part of "One Last Series" and is a part of the prequel book, "One Last Choice," which is now unpublished. I unpublished it first and decided to publish it once the series was finished up to the last book.

3 years, 2 months, and 26 days. It took me this long journey to be able to finish writing EJ and Ash's story. Which is almost my whole college life for me.

There were a lot of times that I had to stop writing whenever there was a transition from EJ's point of view in life. Since it was also a phase for me to rediscover and align my way of thinking to be able to understand where my character is coming from.

Especially when there are times that it seems as if it is not making sense anymore. The character's way of thinking, their small arguments, the flow of their love story—where are they coming from? There were a lot of times it made me feel as if, "Is it really making sense? "

And yes, it was. Everything was falling on the line where it would all mean everything it meant to be.

And that's what I have learned from EJ and Asher. During my college years, there were a lot of times when I questioned why this was happening only to be enlightened when the answer came my way—weeks, months, or years later.

As a writer, once again, my characters made me realize a lot of things. Things that I would yet again bear in mind and hope you guys will also do. At least, let's bear with life itself.

There are a lot of lessons, but I will start with the major takeaways that this story has always been connected with:

First, being selfish.

At first, EJ was never fond of Ark or Tita Lara because of what happened to their family. She wanted her father only for herself until she realized that she was being selfish to herself because, realizing that accepting Ark and Tita Lara would be a great support, having them is having a complete family despite having two different mothers.

It also goes the same for Asher. Asher, whom we thought was all the goody-two-shoes goofy and happy-go-lucky person he is—only to find out that he is also being selfish towards himself. Since he's not letting himself be helped by other people,.

He always wanted to be the one helping, which little by little only made his inner soul lost and broken.

And this is the thing in life—there are a lot of times that we think we can do everything on our own. We often think that we would be better off with just our own plans and goals. We often believe that our skills, talent, and way of thinking are always right and just, but it's often the case that we are being selfish towards ourselves, especially when we really need help.

May it be by little things or as grand as they could, just allow yourself to hear and try other perspectives. Sometimes we think that we can do everything on our own, only to fail and lose everything we love.

Genuinely, it's not really bad to ask for help sometimes. You can't always do everything on your own. No man is an island, and you can also find peace and success when you allow others to give help in the way they genuinely want to help you. Let us not be selfish toward ourselves in this cruel world that molds us to think that we should only be doing things within our capacity—because the world is bigger than we think it is.