13.

"Mommy" Karen called and knocked on her door and Mattie woke up.

"Come in." Mattie said and she switched her light on, she wore her glasses and saw Karen get in.

"Can I sleep with you?" Karen asked, she hasn't slept in a room without anyone else being in there, she shared a room with the other girls all her life and sometimes Big B would sleep with her. So she had difficulties.

"Sure baby... come here" Mattie said smiling, she was glad that Karen wanted to sleep with her, she missed these type of moments with her as a child.

Karen got on the other side of her mother's bed and she got inside and pulled the blankets over her.

"Come on and let me love on my baby" Mattie said pulling Karen closer to her to spoon her.

"I'm so happy you're home Valencia" Mattie said kissing her forehead.

"There's a song that you would sing , it has been stuck in my head ever since." Karen told her.

"Which song baby? I used to sing a lot of songs to you" Mattie told her. She loved singing for Karen as a child, even though she was busy a lot she made sure to spend time with her last baby.

"I can do all things" Karen said to her and Mattie smiled, she noticed her hesitation.

"Oh... I did sing that one a lot" Mattie said to her.

"Can you sing it for me?" Karen asked, her nerves were really bad and she wanted to fall asleep.

If it's living right... I can do it
If it's walking , walking upright... I can do it
I can do all things... through jesus Christ that strengthens me

Her mother softly sang to her softly. Karen started crying... she thought about Kierra, about how she sang it to her and now her own mom was singing it to her and she missed her baby.

"It's alright baby... mommy's here" Mattie said pulling her head closer as Karen cried.

"I'm so sorry my little light" Mattie said , she was robbed of all her time with her daughter, all the years that she's been away from her.

"I love you so much" Mattie told her as she cried and Karen nodded, it was the first time someone told her they loved her and she actually believed it without any doubt.

"They took my baby mama... my little girl" Karen cried.

"You have a little baby?" Mattie asked and Karen nodded

"Who took your baby Karen?" Mattie asked her daughter, she didn't know there was a reason why Karen cried like this.

"Was this how you felt when you lost me? I- I feel like I'm gonna go crazy" Karen cried barely being able to say her words.

"Oh honey... we'll find her, she will be alright I promise" Mattie told her as she comforted her holding her tightly towards her.

"Let's give it to the Lord Karen, come on... let's pray" Mattie said and Karen nodded. Her mother started praying over her, and praying that she will have her baby back... it was a long and powerful prayer and Karen admired how passionate her mother was about prayer.

"Please don't tell them I have a baby" Karen said to her mother after they were calm.

"Why not Karen?" Mattie asked her.

Karen thought about how her sisters were,  she didn't want to disappoint them any further.

"I just- just don't tell them okay?" Karen said and her mom nodded.