57.

"Good morning, come on." Karen said to Mikhaila after she got in her room seeing her awake.

"Are your kids gone?" She asked in her morning voice.

Karen took note of it, it was raspy like Dorinda's and it made her smile.

"No, they're still here about to have breakfast... I want you to clean yourself up and join us, come meet them." Karen said to her.

Mikhaila nodded , she got up from the bed and Karen took her hand , she walked with her to a bathroom she could use and she showed her the items she could use... the spare toothbrush , the washcloth...

She then left the room so Mikhaila can get herself ready, and Karen walked downstairs.

Drew had an early morning, so it was just her and the kids and J Drew was the first one to come downstairs.

"Hey mom" he greeted, Karen smiled at him brightly.

"Hi son" she said,

"Mom you're weird. " J Drew said to her seeing how happy she was being , and Karen went up to him and hugged him.

"You guys make me happy" Karen said squeezing and kissing him.

"Weirdo" J Drew let out trying to hide that he secretly loved it.

"He knows he loves all that" Kierra said coming into the kitchen.

"Come here bug" Karen called out to her.

"No, would you please stop calling me that." Kierra said to her.

"Give mom a kiss Kierra" J Drew said sternly , Kierra rolled her eyes.

She kissed Karen on the cheek, then walked to get her plate ready so she can eat her breakfast.

"I have someone for ya'll to meet... she's going to be here a little often." Karen said to them, inwardly she hoped for forever.

The kids just looked at her, then they kept quiet for a moment nit responding to their mother until Kierra said something.

"J remember when mom brought in that little girl and her crazy ass mother kept knocking on our door at 3 a.m saying she has a  gun and you were so scared." Kierra joked .

"Shut up, I wasn't scared" J Drew said and Kierra laughed at him.

"This is different Kierra... she's actually gonna be a part of our lives." Karen said to her.

She has brought in a couple of kids to sleep in her house for a night, that was because she couldn't reach a parent or guardian, a child feared the system and Karen had to ease it into them... or some other reason but it was never anything permanent and her kids hardly saw the kids except for maybe 2 or 3.

"What do you mean a part of it?" J Drew asked

"Means you're getting replaced." Kierra said to him

"And you're adopted " J Drew said to her, Kierra kissed her teeth

"You know they loved me by choice right... they didn't have a choice with you, you're a mistake " Kierra said to him, J Drew like always took an offense to it.

"Okay stop... that's not funny ya'll" Karen said to them as Kierra kept laughing Mikhaila shyly showed herself to the kitchen.

She was dressed in some of Kierra's old clothes that Karen thought might fit her,

"Get in sweety" Karen let out to her.

Mikhaila shyly walked into the kitchen, she sat down next to Karen who had a big grin on her face, Mikhaila thought she was being weird.