22.

A few months passed and Karen was now settled I'm with the group and her sisters, she told her mother after she got out of the hospital that she was going to join them to give her what she wanted and Mattie was happy about it.

They practised a lot with Karen so she can be able to control her voice and test her range, to Twinkie Karen being a soprano was an advantage to her because ever since her sister Denise left she tackled the bottom part and would switch with her sister Dorinda to soprano.

It made their job easier and they appreciated that she was there. Karen's sister Twinkie would encourage her to take a risk in her voice and go higher since she saw the potential in her but Karen played safe for the most parts, she was only starting and she didn't want to make them look bad in front of live audiences most of the time.

Some people took Karen's introduction to the group really well and they welcomed her as she was part of her sisters but others weren't so welcoming, which Karen tried hard to not let it bother her.

She knew that people were mean and rude, she has dealt with those type of people most of her life and she wasn't moved by the negative commentary, because she lived with her mother her mom would spend enough time with her teaching her what she knew about music, sharing her knowledge and moulding her voice.

Mattie was even teaching her how to play the piano, and she enjoyed moments like those with her mother because she was spending more time with her and she appreciated it.

Her life was going smooth and it was all she ever wanted, she was healthy, her daughter and family was healthy and she even managed to untie her tubes which she had been wanting to do so it can feel like her own choice about her body.

Drew was still fighting his charges and he wouldn't tell her what was going on, he still kept seeing Kierra while he was on trial and they kept contacts. Karen was still mad at him though because his wife was still living with him and she told herself that she was getting over him, that she wasn't going to wait for him while he told her nothing.

She really loved him but Karen had a lot going on in her life and she wanted to focus on her career and her family.

"Karen would you please take that potato salad that side stop doing that!" Dorinda fussed at Karen.

"I only have two hands Doe, you said I should fix the channel." Karen yelled back at her.

"Give it here, I'm going that side anyway." Twinkie said taking the bowl from Dorinda.

"Why am I fixing the channels when no one is going to be watching this thing?"  Karen yelled back at the kitchen and Kierra walked over to her with her little feet patter.

"Dorinda!!!!" Karen yelled, she was in the living room and her sister was in the kitchen.

"What?!" Dorinda yelled back.

"Can you please take Kierra out of here!" Karen said and Dorinda came in to fetch Kierra who was standing next to her mother. "I thought you had her." Karen said.

"Well she keeps slipping away." Dorinda said.

"Go give her to your mama then or Nikki." Karen fussed and Dorinda left the room.

They were having a birthday party for their brother Leo and everyone was there, it was busy and loud even though everyone was outside, Karen was the one who was driven all around the house since she couldn't cook, everyone told her what to do bit especially her sisters Jacky and Dorinda, who were being bossy as usual.

She loved that everyone was in the house enjoying their family, the cousins and nieces were annoying the elders and it was fun but chaotic having all the family there.