20.

Karen was running around the house preparing a sleepover bag for Kierra because it was her first time going to sleep over at Drew's without her.

She didn't feel comfortable at first allowing her to sleep over knowing his wife would be there but he was the only dad Kierra knew, and he wanted to spend time with her some more.

He had been spending time with her fetching her from her mothers then bringing her back home, but he asked for her to stay over and Karen's mom convinced her to let her so she can get used to both her and Drew co-parenting like she used to do with her dad.

"Hey Buggy Bug" Karen said picking up Ki she had just woken up from her nap and Drew was going to fetch her anytime soon.

"Blink if you want to stay home with mama." Karen said .

"Now Karen " Mattie warned her.

"I'm just playing mommy." Karen said and she looked at her mother, she wasn't alright all morning and she didn't look too well in her eyes.

"Karen baby I was thinking about something." Mattie said to her and Karen sat next to her to listen to her mom.

"What's up?" Karen asked.

"I was thinking that maybe you should start singing with your siblings, you know. Become one of the Clark sisters ." Mattie said to her and Karen scrunched her face.

"Momma, I already told Twinkie that I'm not going to be singing with them." Karen said, her sisters tried to recruit her a year ago after they discovered that she could sing even though she really hasn't learned how to control her voice Twinkie still wanted her to sing and Karen didn't think she was ready.

"Why not baby?" Mattie asked her youngest.

"I'm not ready momma." Karen said to her.

"Karen you're 26 years old, you can obviously learn a lot quicker." Mattie said.

"I'll think about it." Karen said to her.

"Mom?" Karen called softly and Mattie gave her her attention.

"Why did Denise leave?" Karen asked her mother and Mattie sighed, she's talked about this with Karen before and somehow Karen still wanted to know more.

"She didn't want to be part of it all anymore baby." Mattie said to her, it was the truth but it wasn't the whole truth, and Mattie wasn't ready to tell Karen the truth... she was still her little girl.

"Were the sisters mad at her?" Larne asked and Mattie nodded.

"They were, but I think they forgave her by now." Mattie said.

"Well I gotta get this little baby ready to go to her dad's." Karen said as she stood with Kierra, it felt good being able to call Drew Kierra's dad again, she knew he loved her and she couldn't take her away from him.

After bathing and getting Kierra ready Karen heard a knock at the door and knew that it was Drew.

"You don't look too well mommy, are you okay?" Karen asked holding Kierra , she was about to open the door for Drew.

"Yes I'm okay, I just need to get some rest that's all." Mattie told her and Karen went over to the door.

"Hey." Drew greeted.

"Da da da" Kierra called holding her arms out for Drew.

"Hey buggy bug." Drew said and he took Kierra out of Karen's arms as she smiled watching the both of them.

"I can't believe I'm giving you my child to visit you and your wife." Karen said to him.

"We're not together Karen." Drew said to her.