Chapter 50

7 months later.

Seven months went by like nothing, and Freen was already in her eighth month of pregnancy. Not everything went smoothly, as she expected. She was put to rest for an entire month in her first trimester, but now she was almost at the end.

Freen is stretched on the common room's couch while eating chocolate and facetiming Nam. Nam had to go away to visit her parents.

Being pregnant was never an excuse to take a sabbatical to her. After all she couldn't since she is the chief and had a hospital to run.

Freen tries to straighten her back struggling to move her huge belly along with her, while Nam sees it all.

"Where are you going now?"

"To check on patients. I'm pregnant, not quadriplegic."

"She says but still sits most of the time."

"Hey! I'm carrying two babies inside of me. They press on my back and my bladder every second of the day. And my feet are swollen!"

"Okay, now the hormones are talking."

Irin walks into the room and waves at Nam on the screen.

"Well then, back to the pregnant woman..."

Becky walks into the room with a sandwich in her hands, and she smiles at the brunette while giving it another bite. Then she bows next to Freen to see Nam.

"Hi Nam, I miss you!" She sing-songs with a smile.

"Sure you do mama."

"Babe? Babe...can I have that?" Freen gives Becky puppy eyes and glances between her and the sandwich in her hand.

"But you just ate chocolate." Irin frowns in disgust.

"And now I want salty! I'm not in control of my system, okay?!" She shouts.

Becky rubs a hand on her back and hands her the sandwich. "It's okay, eat it baby. Before you eat one of us."

Freen gives her a death glare, freezing halfway before biting the sandwich. "You are rude and insensitive."

Becky chuckles and places a kiss on her forehead. "You love me."

"Irrelevant detail." Freen states.

"Remember my dad and mum are coming home for dinner tonight, and probably Richie and my aunts too. But I'm cooking, so you won't have to move a finger."

"She's pregnant Armstrong, not quadriplegic." Nam quotes.

"Shhh. Let her spoil me, for God's sake." Freen hisses at her phone screen, making Becky laugh in amusement.

Suddenly Freen groans in pain, starting to breath heavily. Becky instantly holds her, fearing she might fall, and looks at her with worry just like Irin and Nam.

"Freen what's wrong?"

"Nothing I...it was just a cramp I think. I don't- Ah!" She cries again. "Fuck."

"I think they're contraction, Freen." Irin says.

"No, no. It can't be, it's too soon. Maybe it's just fake contractions. Faye said it can happen." Freen breathes out.

"Tell those two they can't come out yet! I need to book a plane first!" Nam orders from the other line.

"Let's take you to Faye, okay? It's going to be okay. I'm here." Becky reassures her while Irin places the wheelchair next to her, so that she can move and sit on it.

"Okay. Okay." She breaths in and out, and Becky wheels her away while Irin holds Freen's phone with Nam still on the line.

"All flights are canceled?!" Nam groans in frustration and slaps the computer screen in front of her.

"There's a snowstorm coming, they closed everything. It's probably going to be a rough night."Nam sighs and drops her hands on the table. "Just let me know if anything changes, okay?"

"Will do."