chapter 19: the league of the best begins!

Y/n woke up to the gentle rays of the morning sun filtering through the window, casting a warm glow across the room. It was almost time, the Indigo League was just around the corner. Excitement and anticipation buzzed within Y/n as he got ready, eager to check on his Pokemon at Professor Oak's lab.

After a quick breakfast and a heartfelt goodbye to his mom, Y/n set off towards the lab. The familiar path felt different today, charged with the promise of the battles to come. As he approached the lab, he could see Professor Oak outside, tending to some Pokemon in the garden.

"Good morning, Y/n!" Professor Oak greeted him with a smile,"morning professor"

"It's actually good that you cam. I have something special for you today." Said professor oak.

Curiosity piqued, Y/n followed the professor inside. The lab was bustling with activity, but Professor Oak led him to a quieter corner. On a table laid two small, round stone with intricate markings. One was bigger then the other being a mixture of green and purple while the smaller one had multiple colors almost like a rainbow.

"This," Professor Oak said, holding up the stone, "is a Venusaurnite. With this, your Venusaur will be able to Mega Evolve. It's a powerful transformation that will give you an edge in the Indigo League."

Y/n's eyes widened in awe. "Thank you, Professor! This is incredible." Thanked Y/n.

"Yes it's incredible, but you need to use it sparingly!
Mega evolution hurts the pokemon so Venusaur will need to truly trust!" Said professor oak as Y/n nodded in understanding.

"Now," Professor Oak continued, "this little stone is an Evolutionary Keystone. You'll need this along with the Venusaurnite for the Mega Evolution to occur. Keep it close, and remember, use it wisely."

Y/n took the stones carefully, feeling their weight and the significance they held. "I understand, Professor. I'll make sure to train hard with Venusaur."

As they stepped back outside, Professor Oak's expression softened. "Y/n, I know you'll do great in the Indigo League. You've grown so much as a trainer, and your bond with your Pokemon is something special."

Y/n felt a swell of pride and determination. "Thank you, Professor. I won't let you down."

At the back of professor oak's lab Y/n released Venusaur from its PokeBall, holding the Venusaurnite up for his partner to see. "Look, Venusaur. This is for you. Together, we'll achieve Mega Evolution and take on the Indigo League."

Venusaur roared in response, eyes gleaming with the same determination that Y/n felt. They continued down the path, their bond stronger than ever, ready to face whatever challenges lay ahead.

As they trained, Y/n's thoughts drifted to his other Pokemon, each one playing a crucial role in his journey. He spent the rest of the day honing their skills, ensuring they were all in top form for the league.

Y/n stood before the grand, ornate gate that marked the entrance to the sprawling Indigo Plateau. Beyond the gate, a majestic building rose in the distance, its impressive architecture reflecting its significance. On either side of the path leading to the main structure, multiple battlefields stretched out, each meticulously maintained and ready for intense Pokemon battles.

Besides Y/n stood his partner pokemon a gentle yet large Venusaur,"Venu Venusaur?" Roared Venusaur in a questioning tone making his trainer to him.

"What am I thinking about?" Repeated Y/n,"Well... Just remembered... When we left pallet town." Said
Y/n as he looked up at the massive entrance as multiple other trainers and pokemon pasted them by.

A smirk crew on his face as his eyes burned with determination and he step forward,"Let's do this."

- to be continued