chapter 30: The pallet party panic

After Y/n had become the Pokemon champion of Kanto in the Indigo Plateau Conference, Pallet Town held a grand celebration at Professor Oak's Laboratory.

"I am very happy to be back home, and to everybody who supported us throughout the Pokemon League, we just want to say." Started ash as Y/n and him bowed down,"Thank you very much."

"And thanks to Ash, Y/n and Gary for representing us so well." Said professor oak with the two mothers nodding in agreement,"And we all owe Professor Oak a big thank you for hosting us here today. Now, let's start the party!" Said Ash's mom.

"First, let's salute Ash for finishing in the top 16 at the Pokemon League, Y/n for winning the whole thing making Pallet Town proud!" Said professor oak as they all toast Ash and Y/n for their grand efforts

Later outside of the lab in the grassy field surrounding the research center, the grounds were festively decorated, with colorful banners and balloons swaying in the breeze. Tables laden with food and drinks stretched out under the shade of large trees, and laughter and chatter filled the air.

At a near by table decorated with a multiple different foods and drinks the Y/n, Ash, Misty and Brock can be seen eating with eating at nearby table.

"Pallet Town really knows how to throw a party! The food is delicious!" Said Brock,"Hey, guys. We shouldn't be the only ones celebrating, why don't we let our Pokemon join the party, too?" Asked misty.

"Good idea! We couldn't have gone to the Pokemon League without them." Agreed Ash as they all took out their PokeBalls.

"You're right. Geodude, Onix, Zubat, Vulpix, it's time to come out and chow down!" Shouted Brock as he threw 4 PokeBalls into the air releasing all of his pokemon.

"Goldeen, Staryu, Psyduck, you're invited, too! Go!" Yelled misty throwing her 3 PokeBalls out releasing her water type Pokemon.

"That means us too. Venusaur, Nintales, Golduck, Snorlax, Nidoking, Articuno! Time to celebrate!"
Shouted Y/n as his team materializes with Articuno immediately flying off to the nearby trees and Snorlax already fast asleep.

"Squirtle, Bulbasaur, Pidgeotto, join the party!" Shouted Ash as he threw out 3 PokeBalls making them materialize as he reaches for his last one.

"Chariza..." Ash started as he was about to throw out Charizard but Brock and Misty stop him by holding them back.

"Think about this first, Ash!" Scolded Misty as they let Ash go,"I don't think letting Charizard out is such a good idea, Ash!" Said Brock agreeing with Misty.

"But, I..." Ash started as he remembered Charizard not listening to a single word,"I'll invite Charizard next time." Said Ash as he puts the PokeBall away.

"Really?!" Asked Y/n shocked at Ash's decision,"Ash, if you want Charizard to start listening to you maybe don't exclude it from fun stuff like this and try talking to it outside of battle. But hey what do I know, I'm only the freaking champion of kanto." Y/n muttered the last part under his breath as he takes a sip from his momo milk.

"Okay, everybody! Time to dig in!" Said misty as all the Pokemon split up to grab different things to eat.

"Ash and Liam must be really proud." Said Brock with a farm smile,"I think they've grown up a lot since being in the Pokemon League. Don't you all?"
Said Misty as she soon realizes she spoke too soon, as Ash and Y/n are nowhere in sight

"Where are they?" Asked Misty.

Ash is seen running alongside Liam towards one of the tables lined with food,"Let's eat fast so we can eat again!" Shouted the trainer with Pikachu on his shoulder,"Ash, you're officially my spirit pokemon"
Shouted Y/n following behind one of his best friends,
"Pi Pikachu!"