chapter 3: The battle for the boulder!

Y/n is walking through the streets of pewter city with Bulbasaur walking along side y/n as they walk into the pokemon center.

Y/n walks to the front counter of the healing center and returns Bulbasaur to his pokeball,"Excuse me, could-"
A nurse looking exactly the same as the nurse in virdain city walks towards y/n.

"Hey, I remember you at viridian city." Said y/n noticing the simulatory.

"Oh, sorry but you must have gotten me confused for my sister nurse joy in viridian city." Said nurse joy as she showed y/n a picture with multiple nurse joys.

"Wow, you have a big family, you guys must have exciting family gatherings." Said y/n as he gave nurse joy his PokeBalls,"You have no idea." Replied nurse Joy with a gentle smile.

"But anyway, can you please heal my pokemon?" Nurse joy nods as she goes to a room at the back of the pokemon center leaving Y/n to wait in the main lobby.

Y/n then notices a poster on the wall and walks closer to take a closer look"indigo league challenge, 8 badges needed for entry?" Y/n read outload as nurse joy return with his pokemon.

"Yep, that's right. To compete in the indigo league you'll need to to beat 8 gym leaders and get their badges, where you planning on challenging the gym here in pewter city?" Asked nurse joy as y/n took his pokemon.

"I don't know, maybe but I need to train first" Said Y/n,"well we have a battle field at the back of the pokemon center, you can use that if you want." Said nurse joy,"Thanks I will!"

Later in front of a large building surrounded by large carved boulder with the words 'pewter city gym' carved into it.

The walked forward and pushed open large the door to a dark room as the door behind him shuts,"what the!?"

"Welcome-" the lights switch on revealing a rock based terrain with a boy sitting crossed legs on the other side of the battle field.

"To pewter city gym! I'm Brock the gym leader here!" Said Brock as Y/n took out Bulbasaur's pokeball,"I'm here to challenge you to a gym battle and claim your badge!"

As Y/n said this Brock stood up and walked to the other side of the battle field,"how many badges to you have?"

"Uh none, this is my first gym battle." Said Brock as he nodded, a man then ran to the side of the areana.
"This match is for Pokemon League authorization. "

Said the refery,"Each side will only use 2 pokemon the one side will win when the apponent 2 pokemon are unable to continue, let the battle begin!"

"Geodude go!"

"Spearow let's go!"

Y/n threw out a PokeBall making Spearow materialize.

"Spearow use sand attack!"

Spearow flaps it's wings at ground level kicking up sand that blind the Geodude.

"Keep using peck!" Yelled Y/n as Spearow kept swooping down using peck and flying back up to repeat.

It's not very effective

'his trying to do the chip damage technic while staying out of reach, this could be bad.' though Brock.

"You're Spearow is fast but chip damage won't do you any good in a battle with my rock hard pokemon, Geodude defence curl!"

Geodude then glows and his defense goes up,

"Now rock throw!"

Geodude begins picking up rocks and throwing them at Spearow who keeps dodging out of the way.