chapter 24: Ash Vs. Jeanette

The morning sun cast a golden hue over the Indigo Plateau as the crowd filed into the stands, buzzing with anticipation. Y/n, Misty, Brock, and Rin found their seats among the throng of spectators, the air thick with excitement and the scent of freshly cut grass.

As they settled in, Y/n couldn't help but feel a mix of nerves and excitement for the day's battles. He glanced at the pristine battlefield below, its lush green grass stretching out like a verdant carpet. The large stadium screen displayed the match-up for the first battle of the day: Ash Ketchum versus Jeanette Fisher.

"Looks like it's about to start," Brock said, leaning forward in his seat. His eyes were fixed on the battlefield, his mind already analyzing potential strategies.

Misty, with Togepi cradled in her arms, nodded. "Ash has been training hard. I hope he's ready for whatever Jeanette throws at him."

Rin, sitting beside Y/n, wore a small, encouraging smile. "Ash always manages to surprise us. I have a feeling this will be a great match."

Down on the field, the announcer's voice boomed through the stadium, "Ladies and gentlemen, welcome to the first battle of the main tournament! Introducing our first competitor, from Pallet Town, Ash Ketchum!"

The crowd erupted into cheers as Ash stepped onto the field, his signature cap turned backwards and Pikachu perched confidently on his shoulder. Ash waved to the crowd, his determination evident in his eyes.

"And his opponent, from Crimson City, Jeanette Fisher!"

Jeanette walked onto the field with a graceful confidence, her flowing dark hair and elegant demeanor a stark contrast to Ash's youthful enthusiasm. She held a PokeBall in her hand, ready to begin.

"Wow! She's super cute! Ash should let her win!" Said Brock with a blush drooling over her.
"Brock you knew she excited for about 30 seconds and you alright want her to crush you friends dreams, what the hell man?"

The referee raised his flags, signaling the start of the match. "Trainers, begin!"

Ash wasted no time, "Pikachu, I choose you!"

"Pika!" Pikachu leapt forward, sparks crackling from its cheeks.

Jeanette smiled, "Go, Beedrill!"

With a flash of light, a large Beedrill materialized on the field, its menacing stingers gleaming in the sunlight.

"Beedrill, use Twin niddle!" Jeanette commanded.

The Beedrill shot forward with incredible speed, its twin stingers aimed directly at Pikachu. Ash's eyes narrowed, "Pikachu, dodge and use Thunderbolt!"

Pikachu nimbly evaded the attack, flipping backward before unleashing a powerful burst of electricity. The Thunderbolt struck Beedrill, but it quickly recovered, showing its resilience.

Jeanette called out her next move, "Beedrill, Fury Attack!"

Beedrill darted forward again, its rapid stinger strikes aimed at Pikachu. Ash was quick on his feet, "Pikachu, block it with Iron Tail!"

Pikachu's tail shined a metallic hue as it blocks the barrage of jabs from the bug type,"Now Pikachu hit him with a thunder bolt!"

"Pika pika!" The electric mouse Pokemon's check begin to crackle with electricity before firing a powerful thunderbolt.

"Oh no, Beedrill are you alright?" Asked Jeanette,"Bee bee drill!" Beedrill buzzed with a nod making it's trainer smile,"Good use Poison Sting!"

Beedrill blitzed forwards as it's stinger glowed purple, it jabbed at Pikachu who dodged out of the way and slammed Beedrill against the head using Iron tail.