Chapter 25: Y/n Vs. Lorelei

The buzz of the crowd's excitement continued to fill the air as Y/n made his way to the Pokemon Center to heal his team. He couldn't help but feel a mix of exhilaration and nervousness. Ash's victory had set the bar high, but he was determined to give it his all in his upcoming battle against Lorelei, one of the elite members of the Indigo League's Elite Four.

At the Pokémon Center, Nurse Joy greeted him with a warm smile. "Good luck in your match, Y/n. Your Pokemon will be ready in no time."

Y/n handed over his PokeBalls, watching as they were placed into the healing machine. He took a deep breath, mentally running through his strategies. Lorelei was known for her ice-type Pokemon, and he needed to be prepared for her powerful and cunning tactics.

Once his Pokémon were fully healed, Y/n thanked Nurse Joy and left the center, heading back to the stadium. The anticipation was palpable as he approached the ice battlefield, the cold air and frosty terrain creating a stark contrast to the lush green field of Ash's match.

As he arrived, Y/n spotted his friends in the stands. Ash, Misty, Brock, and Rin were all there, their faces full of encouragement. His mom, Professor Oak and Ash's mom were also present, their presence a comforting reminder of the support he had from home.

Rin, although worried, smiled and waved. "We'll be cheering for you!"

Y/n took his place on the battlefield, feeling the chill of the ice beneath his feet. The announcer's voice boomed through the stadium, "Ladies and gentlemen, our next match features Y/n from Pallet Town against the renowned Lorelei of the Elite Four!"

The crowd erupted into cheers as Lorelei stepped onto the field, her presence commanding respect. She wore a confident smile, her icy blue eyes reflecting the frozen battlefield.

"Welcome to the battlefield, Y/n," Lorelei said, her voice cool and composed. "I hope you're ready for a real challenge, don't think I've forgotten you're declaration of war."

Y/n nodded, his determination unwavering. "I'm ready. Let's give it our all."

The referee raised his flags, signaling the start of the match. "Trainers, begin!"

As Y/n prepared to send out his first Pokemon, he glanced at his friends and family in the stands one last time. Their support filled him with confidence.
He wasn't going to hold back.

Lorelei gracefully released her PokeBall, making a Dewgong materialize. The sleek, white Pokémon glided effortlessly over the icy battlefield, its presence a clear reminder of Lorelei's mastery over Ice-type Pokémon.

Y/n threw his PokeBall into the air. "Snorlax, I choose you!" In a flash of light, the massive and imposing Snorlax appeared on the field. The crowd roared in anticipation of the upcoming clash.

Lorelei was the first to make a move. "Dewgong, use Ice Beam!"

Dewgong opened its mouth, a beam of icy energy shooting toward Snorlax with incredible speed.

"Snorlax, dodge and use Mega Punch!" Y/n commanded.

Despite Snorlax's bulky appearance, it moved with surprising agility, just managing to avoid the Ice Beam. With a powerful swing of its arm, Snorlax's fist glowed as it delivered a Mega Punch, landing a solid hit on Dewgong.

Dewgong recoiled from the impact but quickly recovered. Lorelei's eyes narrowed. "Dewgong, use Surf!"

A massive wave of water materialized beneath Dewgong, crashing towards Snorlax with immense force.

"Snorlax, hold your ground and use Body Slam!" Y/n shouted.

Snorlax braced itself, the wave hitting it hard, but its sheer weight and resilience allowed it to stay firm. As the water receded, Snorlax launched itself at Dewgong, slamming its massive body into the icy Pokémon.