chapter 15: Chinabar island!

Y/n soared through the sky, the cold air biting against his skin as he held tightly to Articuno's feathers. The legendary bird's powerful wings beat rhythmically, propelling them forward with remarkable speed. Below, the icy island began to shrink from view, replaced by the vast blue expanse of the ocean.

As they flew, Y/n glanced back at the island, marveling at the strange and unexpected turn of events. "I can't believe we actually caught Articuno," he said to himself, still amazed by their victory.

Articuno let out a soft, melodious cry, He patted the majestic bird reassuringly. "Thanks, Articuno. You were incredible back there."

They continued their journey towards Chinabar Island, the tropical destination Y/n had been aiming for before their encounter with the frozen island. The sun began to set, casting a warm golden hue over the water.

Soon, the silhouette of Chinabar Island came into view, its lush greenery and sandy beaches a stark contrast to the icy landscape they had just left. Articuno descended gracefully, its talons touching down on the soft sand. Y/n dismounted, feeling the warmth of the tropical air envelop him.

"Alright, Articuno, take a well-deserved rest," Y/n said, recalling the legendary Pokemon into its Ultra Ball. He then surveyed the island, pulling out his map once more to get his bearings.

Chinabar Island was known for its fire-type Pokemon, and Y/n hoped to find a Gym to challenge. He walked along the beach, taking in the sights and sounds of the island, until he reached the Pokemon Center.

Inside, Nurse Joy greeted him with a warm smile. "Welcome to Chinabar Island! How can I help you today?"

Y/n handed over his PokeBalls. "I'd like to heal my Pokemon, please."

As Nurse Joy took his Pokemon to be healed, Y/n asked, "I've heard this island is known for its fire-type Pokemon and that there's a Gym here. Can you tell me where it is?"

Nurse Joy's smile faltered slightly. "Actually, Chinabar Island is now a tourist resort. Trainers haven't ventured here since the days of Professor Oak and Agatha of the Elite Four. There hasn't been a Gym here for a long time."

Y/n felt a pang of frustration. "No Gym? But I came all this way across the sea..." Said Y/n with a sigh.

Nurse Joy gave him a sympathetic look. "I'm sorry. Many trainers share your disappointment. But there are still many fire-type Pokemon to discover and capture here. I hope you find your visit worthwhile."

After thanking Nurse Joy and retrieving his healed Pokemon, Y/n decided to explore the island. Despite the lack of a Gym, he was determined to make the most of his visit.

He wandered through the bustling street filled with tourist and stools. eventually, he stumbled upon the ruins of what must have once been the Gym. The building was abandoned and destroyed, a relic of a bygone era.

As he stood there, staring at the remnants of the Gym, a mysterious man approached. He had long blonde shoulder-length hair, a mustache, and sunglasses. He wore a red shirt and seemed to be observing the ruins with a contemplative expression.

"Quite a sight, isn't it?" the man asked, his voice carrying a hint of nostalgia.

Y/n turned to face him. "Yeah. I heard there used to be a Gym here. It's a shame it's gone." Said Y/n with a disappointed sigh

The man nodded, his gaze still fixed on the ruins. "Indeed. This place was once a arena of intense battles and powerful trainers. Now, it's just a memory."

Y/n looked at the man curiously. "Did you know the Gym Leader?"

The man chuckled softly. "You could say that. The gym leader closed down this place because he kept to battle tourists who had more interest in buying shirts and mercendis no interest in obtaining Badges." Said the man.