Part 7

The next day, tensions were running high between Belladonna and Draco. The simmering animosity finally boiled over when they crossed paths in the hallway between classes.

"Nightshade," Draco sneered, stepping in front of her and blocking her path. "We need to talk."

Belladonna glared at him, her patience wearing thin. "I have nothing to say to you, Malfoy. Move."

Draco's eyes flashed with anger. "Oh, but I think you do. Unless you want the whole school to see us having it out right here."

Belladonna sighed, her frustration evident. "Fine."

Draco nodded curtly, gesturing for her to follow him. "My room."

Belladonna followed Draco through the winding corridors of the Slytherin dungeons to his private room. As soon as they were inside, Draco closed the door with a firm click, the tension in the air thick enough to cut with a knife.

"Alright, Malfoy. What do you want?" Belladonna demanded, crossing her arms and staring him down.

Draco took a deep breath, trying to keep his composure. "What I want is for you to stop playing games. You think you can waltz around with Potter and not face any consequences?"

Belladonna's eyes narrowed. "This isn't about Harry. This is about you trying to control me. Well, guess what, Draco? I'm not yours to control."

Draco stepped closer, his voice low and heated. "You think I don't know that? But it drives me insane seeing you with him. I can't stand it."

Belladonna's heart raced at his confession, but she refused to back down. "And you think flirting with Pansy in front of me is the answer? You're such a child, Draco."

Draco's expression hardened. "Maybe I am. But you started this, Bella. You wanted to make me jealous, and it worked. But don't think for a second that I'll just sit back and let it happen."

Belladonna took a step closer, their faces now inches apart. "Then what do you want from me, Draco? What do you expect me to do?"

Draco's eyes softened slightly, a mix of frustration and longing in his gaze. "I want you to stop pushing me away. To stop pretending like this doesn't matter."

Belladonna's breath caught in her throat. She felt the heat between them, the unspoken tension that had been building for so long. "And if I don't? What then?"

Draco's hand twitched, as if he was about to reach out to her, but he hesitated. "Then this will never end. We'll keep going in circles."

Belladonna felt a surge of defiance mixed with a deep, unspoken desire. "Maybe I don't mind the circles, Draco. Maybe I like keeping you on your toes."

Draco's eyes darkened with intensity. "Is that what you think? That this is just a game to me?"

Belladonna's heart pounded in her chest. "Isn't it?"

In a swift movement, Draco closed the distance between them, his hand reaching up to cup her cheek. "No, Bella. It's not a game. Not anymore."

Their faces were so close now, their breaths mingling. Belladonna could feel the electricity between them, the pull that had been there from the start. She was torn between anger and desire, between pushing him away and pulling him closer.

"Then what is it, Draco?" she whispered, her voice trembling with emotion.

Draco's thumb brushed her cheek gently, his eyes locked onto hers. "It's me trying to tell you that I can't stand seeing you with anyone else. The thought of it is driving me insane. That I want you to be with me. And only me."