Part 15

Belladonna's Room, Early Morning

The first light of dawn filtered softly through the curtains, casting a gentle glow over Belladonna and Draco as they lay intertwined on her bed, still in their pajamas.

The peace of the early morning was abruptly interrupted by the sound of footsteps outside the door. Lucius Malfoy, unable to find Draco in his own room, approached Belladonna's room with a mixture of concern and apprehension.

He hesitated for a moment before knocking lightly, then slowly opened the door. The sight that greeted him made him pause: Draco and Belladonna, still asleep, cuddled closely together. Lucius's expression tightened, but he kept his composure as he cleared his throat loudly.

Draco stirred first, blinking groggily before realizing the situation. He quickly sat up, his face flushing. "Father," he began, but Lucius held up a hand to silence him.

"Draco, get up and go get ready," Lucius said firmly. His tone was stern but not harsh. "You know the rules of this house. You are unwed, and it is inappropriate for you to sleep in the same bed."

Draco nodded, his face still red with embarrassment. He glanced at Belladonna apologetically before slipping off the bed and heading towards the door. "Yes, Father," he muttered, casting one last look at Belladonna before leaving the room.

Lucius turned his attention to Belladonna, who was now sitting up and looking equally mortified. "Mr. Malfoy, I assure you, nothing happened," she said quickly, her voice earnest.

Lucius softened slightly, though his gaze remained serious. "I believe you, Belladonna. But the rules exist for a reason. Appearances must be maintained."

She nodded, her cheeks still flushed. "I understand. I'm sorry."

Lucius nodded, satisfied with her response. He hesitated for a moment before shifting the conversation. "There is something I've been meaning to ask you, Belladonna. During the Quidditch match last month, why did you catch the Snitch? It was unexpected and, frankly, quite irritating."

Belladonna's eyes widened slightly at the question, but she answered honestly. "The only thing worse than Draco not catching it would have been Harry catching it. I didn't mean to embarrass Draco or your family by doing so. I just wanted to prevent Gryffindor from winning."

Lucius regarded her thoughtfully, a faint smile playing at the corners of his mouth. "While your actions did irritate me, I commend you for prioritizing Slytherin's victory and keeping the Snitch from Potter."

Belladonna nodded, understanding the subtle lesson in his words. "I'll keep that in mind. Thank you for your understanding, Mr. Malfoy."

Lucius gave her a brief nod. "Very well. Get ready for the day, Belladonna. We have much to discuss and plan for."

As Lucius left the room, Belladonna took a deep breath, feeling a mix of relief and lingering embarrassment. She knew the day ahead would be challenging, but the unexpected support from Draco and even the firm yet understanding demeanor of Lucius gave her a sense of hope. She would face whatever came her way with renewed determination.

Malfoy Manor, Breakfast Room

After a quick shower, Belladonna chose a modest outfit for breakfast, opting for a simple yet elegant robe that reflected the Malfoy household's standards.

As she made her way to the breakfast room, her stomach churned with a mix of anxiety and embarrassment. The memory of being discovered with Draco in her bed was still fresh, and she dreaded facing his parents and Professor Snape.