Part 32

The moonlight continued to cast its gentle glow inside the tent as Severus and Belladonna lay intertwined, their bodies warm and content from their shared intimacy. The air between them now felt lighter, a new sense of casualness and deep connection enveloping them.

Severus eventually rose, pulling his pants back on and moving to a corner of the tent. He retrieved a small, unassuming bag and brought it back to Belladonna, who watched him with a curious gaze.

"I took the liberty of having all the galleons transferred to American dollars," Severus said, handing her the expansion bag she had left behind at Dumbledore's family home. "An unnamed friend helped with the conversion. This way, you won't have to depend solely on Aleister if you need something."

Belladonna's eyes widened with gratitude. "Thank you, Severus. This means so much to me. I'll feel more independent and secure."

Severus sat back down beside her, his fingers gently brushing a strand of hair from her face. "I want you to be safe and comfortable, Bella. That's all I've ever wanted."

They settled back, wrapped in the warmth of each other's presence, and began to talk about recent developments.

"I convinced Aleister to help me learn to apparate," Belladonna said, her tone a mix of excitement and determination.

Severus's eyes widened slightly, a flicker of fear crossing his features. "Apparition can be dangerous if not done correctly. It fills me with fear that you might use it unwisely, especially given the circumstances."

Belladonna reached out, placing her hand on his. "I know the risks, Severus. But I need to be able to move quickly if necessary. I promise I'll be careful."

Severus squeezed her hand, his voice filled with urgency. "You must promise me you won't come back to England until I tell you it's safe. The situation is too volatile, and I couldn't bear it if something happened to you."

She looked into his eyes, seeing the depth of his concern. "I can't make any promises, Severus. You know I can't. But I will hold out as long as I can. I'll be cautious, I swear."

His grip on her hand tightened. "Bella, you don't understand how dangerous it is right now. If you come back without my knowing, you could be walking into a trap. Please, just promise me you'll stay here until I say it's safe."

Belladonna pulled her hand away, her eyes flashing with frustration. "I can't do that, Severus. I can't sit here indefinitely while you're risking your life. I need to know I can help if things get worse."

Severus's voice grew more insistent, a hint of anger creeping in. "This isn't about helping, Bella. It's about staying alive. If you come back too soon, you could be captured—or worse. I need your word."

She stood up, pacing the small space of the tent. "I'm not a child, Severus. I know the risks. But I also know I can't live with myself if something happens to you, and I did nothing. You can't ask me to make a promise I might not be able to keep."

Severus rose to his feet as well, his frustration evident. "I'm not asking as a favor. I'm asking because your life depends on it. If you care about us—about our future—you'll stay safe until it's truly over."

Belladonna stopped pacing, turning to face him with a determined look in her eyes. "And if you care about us, you'll trust me to make the right decision when the time comes. I promise to be careful, but I can't promise to stay away forever."

The tension between them was palpable. Severus stepped closer, his eyes darkening with a mix of anger and desire. He grabbed her wrists, pulling her towards him. "You're not understanding, Bella. This isn't negotiable."