Part 27

Windy Hill – The Meeting

The wind howled across the desolate hill where Belladonna had been dropped off. The landscape was stark, with the cold wind biting at her cheeks. She stood there, feeling the full weight of betrayal as she watched Dumbledore approach her.

Dumbledore's eyes were filled with a mix of sadness and resolve as he neared Belladonna. She took a step back, her eyes flashing with anger and hurt.

"Belladonna, I—" Dumbledore began, but she cut him off sharply.

"You did this to me," she spat, her voice trembling with fury. "You betrayed me! You and Severus both!"

Dumbledore sighed, his expression pained. "This is for your own safety, Belladonna. You must understand, the danger you're in is far greater than you realize."

Belladonna's fists clenched at her sides. "And you think taking me away from my brother will make me safer? How could you make this choice for me?"

Dumbledore stepped closer, his voice calm but firm. "Your brother's presence puts you both at greater risk. The Dark Lord's forces are relentless. They will stop at nothing to find you. This is the only way to ensure your safety."

Tears welled up in Belladonna's eyes, her voice breaking. "I trusted Severus. And now you've taken everything from me."

Dumbledore's face softened with empathy. "I know it feels like a betrayal, and for that, I am truly sorry. But please believe me when I say that this is the best chance for your survival."

Without warning, Dumbledore gestured to a point behind her. Belladonna turned to see a small group of witches and wizards approaching, led by an elderly man with a kind yet stern expression.

"This is Aleister Wulfric, a distant cousin of mine," Dumbledore explained. "He will take you to a safe place in the Pacific Northwest. You will be hidden and protected."

Aleister stepped forward, his eyes gentle. "Hello, Belladonna. We need to leave now, before it becomes too dangerous."

Belladonna shook her head, her voice rising in desperation. "No! I won't go! I can't leave Damien behind. This isn't fair!"

Dumbledore placed a reassuring hand on her shoulder. "I promise you, your brother will be cared for. But you must go now, for your own safety."

Her anger flared once more. "If you force me to leave without him, I will never forgive either of you."

Dumbledore's eyes met hers, filled with regret. "I hope that one day you will understand why we had to do this. Your safety is our utmost priority."

Before Belladonna could react further, Dumbledore raised his wand and cast a spell. "Stupefy."

Belladonna's eyes widened in shock before she collapsed into Aleister's waiting arms, unconscious. Aleister nodded to Dumbledore, a silent agreement passing between them.

With a final, sorrowful look, Dumbledore watched as Aleister and his companions took Belladonna away, their figures growing smaller against the vast, windswept landscape.

The Safe House – Arrival and Introduction

Belladonna woke to the sound of birds chirping and the scent of pine filling her senses. She was lying in a comfortable bed, the room around her unfamiliar and rustic. Panic surged through her as she remembered the events on the hill.

She bolted upright, looking around wildly. The door opened, and Aleister entered, carrying a tray with a teapot and cups.

"Good morning, Belladonna," he said gently. "I know you're confused and angry, but please, let me explain."