Part 13

Next Occlumency Session

The sun was setting, casting long shadows across the stone corridors of Hogwarts as Belladonna made her way to Snape's office for her next Occlumency lesson. Her heart pounded with a mix of anxiety and anticipation. She knew that Draco was planning to join her, and she wasn't sure how Snape would react.

As she reached Snape's office, Draco was already there, waiting for her. He smiled warmly, but there was a hint of determination in his eyes.

"I thought I'd sit in on your lesson today," Draco said, his voice firm. "I won't interrupt. I just want to support you."

Belladonna appreciated his concern, but she knew this would not go over well with Snape. She opened the door, and they both stepped inside. Snape looked up from his desk, his expression immediately darkening as he saw Draco.

"Mr. Malfoy," Snape said icily, "what is the meaning of this?"

Draco squared his shoulders, meeting Snape's gaze. "I want to sit in on Belladonna's lesson. I promise I won't interfere. I just want to be here for her."

Snape's eyes narrowed, and he stood, his presence imposing. "Your intentions may be noble, Mr. Malfoy, but your presence here will be a distraction. Miss Nightshade needs to focus entirely on the task at hand. You will leave."

"But, Professor—" Draco began, but Snape cut him off with a sharp wave of his hand.

"Leave, Mr. Malfoy," Snape repeated, his voice low and dangerous. "Now."

Draco hesitated, glancing at Belladonna, who gave him a small, reassuring nod. "It's okay, Draco. I'll be fine."

Draco sighed, his frustration evident, but he nodded and turned to leave. "I'll be right outside if you need me," he said softly to Belladonna before stepping out and closing the door behind him.

The room fell into a heavy silence, the tension between Belladonna and Snape palpable. Snape moved around his desk and stood in front of her, his dark eyes boring into hers.

"Sit," he commanded, gesturing to the chair in the center of the room.

Belladonna did as instructed, trying to steady her breathing. Snape remained standing, his presence looming over her.

"You must learn to control your emotions, Miss Nightshade," Snape said, his voice harsh. "The Dark Lord will exploit any weakness he finds. You cannot afford to let anyone, including Mr. Malfoy, become a distraction."

Belladonna nodded, her resolve hardening. "Yes, Sir. I understand."

"Good," Snape replied, drawing his wand. "Prepare yourself. Legilimens!"

The spell hit her with the familiar force, and Belladonna was once again plunged into the depths of her memories. This time, she found herself in a memory she had buried deeply, one she desperately did not want anyone to see.

She was twelve years old, back in her family's manor. The room was dark and cold, lit only by a few flickering candles. Her father stood over her, his face a mask of fury. Belladonna was tied to a chair, her wrists chafed raw from the ropes.

"You dare defy me?" her father spat, his voice a terrifying whisper. "You will learn your place."

He raised his wand, and with a cruel, twisted smile, he began casting a series of dark spells. Each curse brought a new wave of agony, her body convulsing with pain. Her vision blurred with tears, but she couldn't escape the sight of her father's cold, relentless eyes.

In the corner of the room, a dark, sinister figure stood watching. It was her father's closest ally, a man who took perverse pleasure in her suffering. He chuckled softly, enjoying the spectacle.