Part 36

Belladonna's Determination and Stealth

Belladonna stood in the secluded forest, taking a deep breath as she focused on her destination. With a sharp crack, she disapparated, feeling the familiar pull of magic. Moments later, she appeared on the outskirts of Hogsmeade, the village shrouded in darkness.

Belladonna moved silently through the quiet streets of Hogsmeade, her heart pounding with determination. She reached the path leading to Hogwarts and used the last of her invisibility potion to cloak herself as she approached the castle grounds.

She navigated the familiar yet eerie corridors, avoiding patrols and slipping past enchanted doors. The castle was quiet, the heavy silence reminding her of the gravity of the day's events.

Finally, she reached the dungeons, her heart racing as she approached Severus's door. She knocked softly, her mind filled with worry and determination.

Belladonna knocked softly on Severus's door, her heart pounding. Severus opened the door, his face pale and drawn. "Belladonna, what are you doing here? Do you have any idea how reckless this is?"

She stepped inside, her emotions boiling over. "I had to see you, Severus. No matter how upset I am, I can't let you go through this alone."

Severus closed the door, his expression a mix of fury and concern. "You shouldn't have come. It's too dangerous. If you were caught—"

"But I wasn't," she interrupted, her voice trembling. "I know what you had to do today. I couldn't stay away, knowing what you've gone through."

Severus's eyes flashed with pain and anger. "Bella, you don't understand the risks. I did what I had to do to protect everyone, including you."

Tears welled up in her eyes. "I know, Severus. But you're making choices for me against my will. At the ball, you told me how capable I was, but now you're acting like I can't do anything for myself. It's like you've done everything you said you wouldn't."

Severus took a deep breath, trying to control his emotions. "Bella, I'm trying to keep you safe. This isn't about doubting your abilities. It's about ensuring you're out of harm's way."

"I'm hurting just as much as you are," she continued, her voice breaking. "I didn't want you to go through this alone, even if I believe you're wrong in how you've acted towards me."

Severus stepped closer, placing a hand on her shoulder. "I don't want to lose you, Bella. Please, go back. Stay safe. We'll find a way through this."

She met his gaze, her voice firm despite the tears. "I'll go back, but I needed to speak to you in person. We need each other, now more than ever."

Severus sighed, pulling her into an embrace. "You're as stubborn as ever. But I can't deny that it's good to see you."

Belladonna clung to him, their emotions swirling in the confined space. The tension between them was palpable, a mix of anger, fear, and undeniable attraction. 

Severus's grip on her tightened, his breath hot against her ear as he whispered, "You shouldn't have come, but I'm glad you did."

Their proximity ignited a spark. Belladonna's hands moved up Severus's back, feeling the taut muscles beneath his robes. His hands slid down her sides, gripping her waist as he pulled her closer. The air between them grew thick with unspoken desire.

"Severus," she whispered, her voice trembling with a mix of emotions. She looked up into his eyes, seeing the same conflict mirrored there.

He leaned in, their lips inches apart. "Bella," he murmured, his voice hoarse. "This is madness."