Part 34

Voldemort's Frustration and Shift of Focus

In the dimly lit chamber of Malfoy Manor, Voldemort's eyes blazed with irritation. The long, serpentine shadows cast by the flickering candles seemed to dance in response to his mounting fury. His Death Eaters stood in a tense semicircle around him, their eyes downcast, afraid to meet his gaze.

"We have wasted enough time and resources on this," Voldemort hissed, his voice dripping with venom. "Belladonna Nightshade has eluded us long enough. She will reveal herself eventually."

He turned his gaze to Lucius Malfoy, who flinched under the intensity. "Lucius," Voldemort sneered, his tone icy and contemptuous, "you assured me your son was capable. Yet, we are still waiting for results. Your incompetence is as infuriating as it is predictable."

Lucius's face paled, his eyes darting nervously. "My Lord, Draco is prepared. He—"

"Silence!" Voldemort's voice cracked like a whip, silencing Lucius instantly. "You dare speak of preparation when you have failed me at every turn? Your family has become a symbol of disgrace and failure."

Lucius's shoulders sagged, the weight of Voldemort's words crushing him. "My Lord, I—"

"Do not waste my time with your pathetic excuses," Voldemort snarled, his eyes burning with malevolence. "Your failure is a stain on the honor of the Death Eaters. If your son does not succeed, it will be your blood that pays the price."

Bellatrix Lestrange, eager to shift the focus away from her brother-in-law, stepped forward. "My Lord, Draco is ready. He understands the gravity of his mission."

Voldemort's red eyes narrowed as he regarded her. "I trust your loyalty, Bellatrix, but I do not share your confidence in Draco. This task requires more than just understanding—it requires absolute resolve. Resolve that I doubt exists in Lucius's pathetic progeny."

Bellatrix bowed her head, her wild hair cascading around her face. "He will not fail you, my Lord."

Voldemort's gaze shifted to Severus Snape, who stood silent and composed. "And you, Severus, are you prepared to ensure the success of this mission?"

Snape inclined his head. "I am, my Lord. I will do whatever is necessary."

A cruel smile twisted Voldemort's lips. "Good. The plan must proceed without any hitches. Dumbledore's death is crucial to our victory. And remember, I expect results."

He paused, his voice dropping to a menacing whisper. "Do not disappoint me, Lucius."

Lucius flinched again, his eyes wide with fear. "I will not, my Lord."

The room was heavy with tension as Voldemort's gaze swept over his followers, each one feeling the weight of his scrutiny. "Dismissed," he commanded, and the Death Eaters began to file out, their movements careful and subdued.

Voldemort watched them go, his irritation simmering just below the surface. The search for Belladonna had been a costly diversion, one he could ill afford. But now, his focus was back where it belonged—on the downfall of Albus Dumbledore and the eventual triumph of his reign.

As the chamber emptied, Snape lingered for a moment, his expression inscrutable. Voldemort's eyes flicked to him. "Severus, a word."

Snape approached, his demeanor calm and controlled. "Yes, my Lord?"

"Ensure that Draco does not falter," Voldemort said, his voice cold and sharp. "His success is your responsibility. And if Lucius's son fails, ensure that Lucius understands the full extent of my displeasure."