21-30

Chapter 21: Hasty Departure

  "Really? That's great! I've been wanting to go back for a long time!"

  Lian Zhi was very happy. She thought of something and quickly looked at Lian Dalan and said awkwardly, "Sister-in-law, let's go back by boat, right? But I don't have any money..."

  Before he could finish his words, he was interrupted by Lian Dalan.

  "Look at what you're saying! I just want to find someone to keep me company with so we can chat on the way back. I can afford a few coins!"

  "Thank you, sister-in-law! Don't worry, I will pay you back double when I have money in the future!"

  "Of course! You have to add several times more. I won't be happy with less! Hahahaha..."

  Lian Dalan was wearing a light blue thin jacket and a light pink headscarf on her head. Lian Zhi heard her say that this was something Erniu brought back from the town.

  Although her skin is a little dark and she is not very tall, she is kind and unpretentious, and her smile is very hearty.

  After laughing, Lian Dalan did not forget to remind Lian Zhi.

  "I have to clean up at home tomorrow, so I came here today to tell you that you will wait for me outside the gate at dawn the day after tomorrow. You don't have to prepare anything, as sister-in-law has food and drinks!"

  "Yes, sister-in-law, don't worry, I'll remember it!" Lian Zhi quickly agreed.

The two talked for a few more words, and then Lian Dalan went back.

  Lian Zhi had just returned to the yard when she saw Song looking outside and running out. She didn't know what she was going to do in such a hurry.

  At this moment, Song Jinshan was leading Song Duoya and Shi Wazi to collect firewood at the foot of the mountain. Lian Zhi saw Song go out and hurried into the room.

  I wanted to take advantage of the time when the whole family was not around to go into my own space and sign in.

  She casually glanced at the space and saw that there was a small plot of land where new wheat seedlings were cultivated. They could have been transplanted long ago, but now she hadn't even found a suitable piece of land.

  The wheat in the village had only been planted a few days ago, and she didn't have a suitable opportunity. Otherwise, she would definitely give these good wheat seedlings to Lian Dalan, so that her family could have a good harvest next year and have enough white flour to eat.

  Lian Zhi did not delay in the space for long. She took a few tablets of anti-inflammatory medicine and hurried out. As soon as she took the medicine, she saw Song Jinshan and others coming back from outside with firewood on a cart.

  No one said anything when they entered the room, and Lian Zhi stayed in her room and didn't go out. Song Jinshan washed his hands and went into the room. After a while, he saw him come out in a hurry. He changed his clothes and went out with a cloth bag.

  Then, it was just like any other day, eating and resting. Lian Zhi didn't care too much, because she was going to Lianjiabao the day after tomorrow and would leave this shabby corner.

  In the evening, before the sun set, Song Jinshan came back and hurriedly said something to Song in the room. Then he came to this room and called her.

  "Girl Zhi, pack up and let your uncle take you back to the fort to have a look."

  "ah?"

  Lian Zhi lifted the door curtain and looked at Song Jinshan standing in front of her, and was unable to react for a moment.