381-390

Chapter 381 I Said the Wrong Thing

  Lian Zhi finished her words without hearing a sound from Mu Yanchen. Knowing that he was not asleep, she deliberately poked him with her finger.

  "Don't mess with me!"

  Mu Yanchen closed his eyes and said three words, with a hint of emotion in his tone.

  Hearing the emotion in her voice, Lian Zhi turned her head, glanced at him and asked,

  "Are you angry? Why are you unhappy for no reason?" Are you too full?

  Mu Yanchen opened his eyes and glanced at Lian Zhi, his eyes full of dissatisfaction. Lian Zhi understood why he was like that to her, and then smiled and said in a flattering way,

  "I didn't mean to kick you. Wasn't it too hot just now? I told you to be quiet but you didn't listen. Look, it's so hot out there. I can't stand being too close! I'd love it if it was winter!"

  When Mu Yanchen heard Lian Zhi's words, he just glanced at her indifferently, closed his eyes and turned his back to her. Seeing him like a child throwing a tantrum,

  Lian Zhi laughed out loud, then took out a fan from the space, sat beside him and fanned him.

  Feeling the cool breeze, Mu Yanchen was very happy, but he said depressedly, "I'm not hot, not hot at all!"

  "Really not hot? Then tell me what this is?"

  Lian Zhi said this with a smile and reached out to wipe his forehead, with beads of sweat clearly visible on his face.

  Just as he was about to reach his hand back, it was grabbed by Mu Yanchen.

  "Stop it, it's really too hot!" Lian Zhi said to him vigilantly, fearing that he would do something out of line again.

  "Come back to the mountains with me. It's warm in the winter and cool in the summer. It's never been this hot!"

  She never thought that Mu Yanchen would actually say this to her. Lian Zhi subconsciously shook her head at him. Seeing that Mu Yanchen was silent, she explained to him for fear that he would be angry.

  "The villagers are now taking time out of their schedule to help me plant fruit trees on the mountain. I have to pay them later, so I can't leave now.

  Besides, I still have a stall at the market, and the farmland will be busy in a few days. If I go to the mountains with you at this critical moment, who will help me with this stall?"

  Besides, if Aunt Lian knew about this, she would definitely not agree. After all, they don’t know yet that Mu Yanchen came from that mountain.

  "If you follow me, how can I let you suffer? You don't have to farm those fields! From now on, you just need to follow me and enjoy the good life." The family had plenty of money, enough for them to live on for several lifetimes.

  When Lian Zhi heard him say this, her expression immediately became serious.

  "No, I just want to plant, and I want to open up the whole mountain. Later I will plant fruit trees on the mountain in front of the door!

  If you don't agree, I'll leave now and ask the village lady to find you a lazy wife, and you can go back and support him!"

  After saying this, Lian Zhi jumped off the kang so fast that Mu Yanchen had no time to stop her.

  "Lian Zhi!" Mu Yanchen realized that he had said something he shouldn't have said, and quickly stood up to persuade her.

  "I was just saying it casually. Plant it! I didn't say I really won't plant it. It's too hot. I was just saying it casually!"