561-570

Chapter 561: Too Worried

  Mu Yanchen noticed early in the morning that Lian Zhi was not in a good mood today. She didn't like to talk all morning and was in a daze all the time.

  Seeing her curled up on the kang and not paying any attention to anyone, he thought she was feeling unwell, so he quickly called Su Bingyuan over.

  “Too much worry.”

  Hearing Su Bingyuan say these four words to him when he came to the yard, Mu Yanchen frowned. What on earth was Lian Zhi worried about?

  Looking towards the window in the room, Mu Yanchen felt that the only thing Lian Zhi had to worry about now was finding her brother, so he immediately decided to have someone bring her brother back as soon as possible.

  I thought that since the festival was in two days, I could take this opportunity to bring Lian Zhi's brother back so that the whole family could have a reunion dinner.

  Then he told them not to be too anxious on the road and to rest at any post station. As long as they could get it back before the festival,

  Now it seems that I should hurry up and bring it back, so that Lian Zhi won’t get upset again…

  "Here, this is your favorite lotus leaf cake. I brought it back for you."

  It was almost noon when Mu Yanchen walked in from outside with a few lotus leaf cakes?

  When he entered the room, he saw Lian Zhi still sitting on the kang, so he quickly handed her the lotus leaf cake, then turned around and poured her a cup of hot water.

  Lian Zhi shook her head at him. She didn't feel hungry at the moment. She was thinking about important things and had no time to eat.

  Mu Yanchen looked at Lian Zhi with a distressed look on his face and said tenderly,

  "Try it. I bought it for you in town. See if it tastes the same as before!"

  "We'll talk about it later. It must be the same. It has been made for decades and the people haven't changed. It's impossible for the taste to suddenly change."

  Afraid that Mu Yanchen would think too much, Lian Zhi replied to him, but Mu Yanchen looked at her and said,

  "Hey! You're right. The person has really changed! This is made by their son. Try it. If it doesn't taste right, I'll go to his house and buy some.

  If that doesn’t work, we can go to another store! Or I can go to another town to buy it for you. I will definitely find one that tastes the same as this one.”

  Perhaps because she was afraid of causing trouble for Mu Yanchen, Lian Zhi quickly pulled off a piece of lotus leaf cake and put it into her mouth, chewing it slowly when she heard his words.

  Although the son inherited his father's business, the taste is still the same.

  "It's pretty good, the taste is still the same, I'll buy from this store next time!"

  Lian Zhi swallowed it and said something, then put the remaining lotus leaf cake in her hand back to its original place.

  "I'll eat the rest later!" After saying that, he leaned casually on the quilt on the kang, staring out the window in a daze.

  Mu Yanchen, who was standing by, felt even more distressed when he saw this. He thought of something and didn't care whether it was a surprise or not.

  "Lian Zhi, I have good news for you. Your brother has been found, and I am sending someone to bring him back!

  Because the journey is quite far, I thought it would take two or three days to get there, so I asked them to hurry up, and now it looks like the earliest they can get there is tomorrow evening."