61-70

Chapter 61: Just what I wanted

  "Shopkeeper, I can't take your money. I really don't know how much you paid for these mushrooms, so I can't just take it."

Lian Zhi did not take the small piece of silver, but looked at the shopkeeper and explained the reason.

  In fact, the shopkeeper deliberately took out one or two taels of silver. Seeing that Lian Zhi refused to take it, he felt relieved. At least this girl was not greedy for money, which made him feel at ease.

  It seems that her eldest brother is not an ordinary person in the capital. After all, this amount of silver is considered a lot among ordinary people...

  Although the shopkeeper admired Lian Zhi's character, he was troubled by the fact that Lian Zhi did not want money...

  It was obvious that this little girl had seen the world, and she was not like those ordinary little girls from the countryside. If she really didn't want the money, then I really couldn't ask for the next thing...

  Lian Zhi had already seen through the shopkeeper's thoughts, so she took the initiative to ask,

  "Boss, I have a request. Can you please listen to it?"

  Seeing the shopkeeper nod at her, Lian Zhi continued,

  "My father is old and his teeth are not good. He couldn't chew the braised beef with soy sauce that my eldest brother brought back from Beijing. He even complained a little when he saw us eating it last night!

  I think the steamed chicken in our restaurant is pretty good. Just now, an old man lost a few teeth, but he was still eating it with gusto. I want to take some back to give to my father as a side dish, as a compensation for the money I paid for the mushrooms.

  By the end, Lian Zhi already knew that the shopkeeper would definitely agree, because not only did he smile, but he also kept nodding at her.

  "By the way, if you like these mushrooms, I'll go back and ask my eldest brother where he got them from the neighboring village. I'll come and tell you next time I come to this market."

  The shopkeeper was pleasantly surprised when he heard this. This little girl is not only observant but also very filial. What's more rare is that she knows how to do things in moderation and her words can touch people's hearts.

  But no matter how happy he was, the shopkeeper was not the kind of person who was greedy for bargains.

  "Oh! Okay, okay, Miss Lian Zhi, you really hit the nail on the head! Not to mention one steamed chicken, even if it's ten or eight, you can take whatever you want! From now on, whenever you come to my restaurant to eat, you don't have to pay! Just eat as much as you want!"

  Lian Zhi smiled at him and thanked him politely.

  "Then I'd like to thank you first. My father will definitely praise me for being filial. I will come to the town again at the next market. I'll tell you where these mushrooms came from then. If it's convenient, I'll ask my eldest brother to ask someone to bring some back in the next few days and give them to you then!"

  The reason why Lian Zhi dared to say that she would give it to him was because she had already seen that this shopkeeper was definitely not someone who would take advantage of small opportunities.

  "Oh, girl, you are such a nice person! Just by looking at you, I know your family members are definitely right!"

  After the shopkeeper finished speaking, he called a waiter who was not far away to come over and whispered a few words in his ear. The waiter quickly ran towards the kitchen.