491-500

Chapter 491: I'm Unlucky

Muramasa's wife thought that they had finally stopped a car and she absolutely could not let it go!

  Otherwise, she would have to run to the neighboring village to hire a carriage, which would take a lot of time to go back and forth. Her brother might still be basking in the sun there, and she couldn't wait!

  "Oh, those carriages are useful to others. Hurry up and I'll give you some money. Just tell me how much you want. I'll go home and get it for you later!"

  When the livestock vendor heard that the woman had no money and wanted to use his carriage, he quickly declined, saying,

  "Look, I have chickens, ducks and geese in my carriage. I can't just leave them here and follow you to fetch people, right?

  If I lose it, will you compensate me? I won’t go! You should think of another way! Don’t block my way, I want to go back!”

  Seeing that this man's attitude was okay at first, but he later resolutely refused to go, the village chief's wife realized that it must be because she did not take out the silver to give him in person, so she stopped in front of the carriage, looked at him and promised,

  "Oh, you are such a mean person. How can you not give it to me when I tell you to? Why don't you come to our village to attend the market tomorrow?

  I am the head of this village, Muramasa. How can I fool you? Otherwise, how can we live in this village in the future?

  Don't worry, just bring the person to the town first, and I'll give you the money no matter how much it is when you come to the market!"

  When the vendor who sold chickens, ducks and geese heard the woman say that she was the head of the village, he remembered that it was this woman who had quarreled with another woman on the street before.

  He also heard other people talking about it. The one who quarreled with her was the family of Miss Lian Zhi who was in charge of building the market for them. Moreover, the rumor this woman made up behind her back was also about the girl's family.

  Think about it, the person who spreads rumors behind the scenes must have a bad character, and she is the most decent woman in the village, which is really a disgrace!

  No matter how much silver he was offered, he couldn't do this. He still wanted to continue setting up a stall here to sell livestock, but he didn't want to offend the family who organized and built this market.

  "Let me go! Let me go! If you don't, I won't be responsible if anything happens!"

  Thinking of this, the vendors selling chickens, ducks and geese didn't care whether the village head woman gave way or not. He just shouted at her and drove the carriage forward.

  Seeing that the vendor selling chickens, ducks and geese was genuine and didn't want to get involved in the matter, the village woman had no choice but to step back a few steps and watch him driving his carriage away.

  After staying there for a while, the village head woman came to her senses and quickly ran to the neighboring village to hire a carriage. After a long delay, she finally brought her brother and several others back to the town to see the broken legs and arms...

  When she returned home after all the trouble, Muramasa felt like she was about to collapse. She had not been willing to taste the candies that Lian Zhi and the others had shared there, so she took them home and put them away, planning to use them to entertain people during the New Year.