421-430

Chapter 421: Continue to Pretend to Sleep

  Mu Yanchen got up before dawn and called Lian Zhi, planning to go to the river together to wait for Lian Dalan and the others.

  Before leaving, Lian Dafeng told his family that this time they would go to their eldest sister's house and would still leave at night and return to the village at daybreak.

  After all, he was leaving Songjia Village and had to explain to his second uncle and the people in the village. After all, their house was still there, and his younger uncle had to return to the village.

  If it weren't for the fact that Lian Dalan and the others were coming back today, he wouldn't have hurriedly woken up Lian Zhi. After all, she had only slept for a short time...

  "You'd better put me down!"

  Lian Zhi, who was carried by Mu Yanchen on his back, whispered something to him again.

  After getting up, this guy didn't even go out of the house. He directly put on my shoes on the kang and picked me up, saying that he wanted to carry me to the river. It was only after I strongly objected that he changed his mind and carried me on his back.

  "Don't move." Mu Yanchen said softly and continued walking forward.

  "I won't move if you put me down."

  "Either hold me in your arms or carry me on your back. Choose one!"

  Hearing that the person behind him had stopped talking, Mu Yanchen smiled silently and quickened his pace.

  Lian Zhi was not worried about tiring Mu Yanchen, but was afraid of being embarrassed by being seen. Later, thinking about how it was dark and no one in the village had gotten up yet, she no longer felt embarrassed.

  I heard Mu Yanchen's voice in a daze, "Come down, we're almost there."

  Lian Zhi looked up and saw that they had already reached the road leading to the village.

  "Put me down quickly!" Lian Zhi said in a low voice. What would happen if they saw her?

  "Why are you coming down? This road is not easy to walk on."

  Lian Zhi was stunned when she heard Aunt Lian's voice. Before she could react, she heard Uncle Lian's voice from the other side.

  "Once your elder sister's affairs are settled, I will settle your affairs with Yanchen. If it is settled sooner, you can live peacefully with him. Your aunt and I will also feel relieved."

  Lian Zhi reacted and wished she could find a hole to crawl into. She felt so embarrassed.

  Lian Zhi fell asleep on the way here, and didn't notice anything unusual when she woke up. It turned out that when Mu Yanchen passed by the entrance of the alley where Aunt Lian lived, he happened to meet the old couple walking out, so they came over together.

  "Uncle and aunt, you guys wait on the rocks here for a while. It won't be too late to go over there when you see the light. There will be more insects and mosquitoes if you go there now, and it will be very uncomfortable if you get bitten."

  Mu Yanchen pointed to a large clean rock and said to Lian Youfu and his wife.

  "Okay." Lian Youfu agreed, and he and Aunt Lian supported each other and sat there.

  "Put me down!" Lian Zhi said immediately, but Mu Yanchen did not move and just said to the person behind him.

  "I will put you down when there is light on the river. Just take a nap for a while."