451-460

Chapter 451: Suspicion (Part 2)

  "Or maybe that girl didn't know that the child was allergic to that thing? If she knew, she probably wouldn't let her in so easily."

  Aunt Lian thought for a moment and then said this, while Lian Zhi remained silent. She was already confused and she had to get to the bottom of this matter.

  "I'm going out for a while." Lian Zhi said to the people in the room and went out first.

  "I'll go and help look for it." Yu Dahua also hurriedly followed behind.

  "Brother Dafeng, let's go and take a look too!"

  Yu Dashan looked at Lian Dafeng and said hello to Lian Daguang's wife and Lian's aunt in the house, then went out together. They also planned to go to the village to look for Cuizhu.

  Yu Dahua and Lian Dafeng were really looking for green bamboos everywhere in the village, but Lian Zhi came alone to the place where the house was being built.

  When they came to this group of people, Lian Zhi called the leader over and asked him from the foot of the wall,

  "Let me ask you something."

  "Miss, please speak up if you have anything to say." The leader standing nearby answered Lian Zhi respectfully.

  "Did you know that Mu Yanchen has a sister named Cuizhu? It seems that she has some relationship with the relatives in the border town."

  When the leader heard what Lian Zhi said, he lowered his head and thought for a while, then he looked up at Lian Zhi seriously and replied,

  "Miss, the master has no sisters, only two brothers. As for relatives, as far as I know, there are no relatives in the border town."

  What's more, no one who is related to the master would give their daughter a name as rustic as Cuizhu...

  Lian Zhi frowned when she heard what he said, thought for a moment, then looked at him and asked, "Then do you know if he has any relatives around here?"

  Seeing the man shaking his head, Lian Zhi became even more confused. She remembered that when the two of them were chatting casually last night, Cuizhu seemed to have mentioned that her last name was Dong.

  "Oh, it seems to be his last name Dong. Think about it carefully. Do you know anyone with the last name Dong? It doesn't matter if it's someone around Mu Yanchen or not, regardless of whether he's his relative or not."

  The leader thought for a while and shook his head, but did not make a decision. Instead, he said, "Girl, I have been following the master for seven years. Maybe there is such a person, but I don't know it.

  If you really want to find out the truth, you have to ask Doctor Su, who has been following you since you were a child."

  Lian Zhi nodded at him and let him continue with his work. She went back to the new house, looked around the room where grain was stored, and finally went to another room.

  "Hasn't the girl Cuizhu been found?" Aunt Lian asked Lian Zhi as she saw her walk in.

  When Lian Zhi saw Lian Daguang's wife, she thought of what she had said to herself when she met Cuizhu on the road, so she looked at her and asked,

  "Aunt, do you remember when you met me on the road, you said Cuizhu looked familiar to you?"

  "Hey! Didn't I make a mistake?"

  Lian Daguang's wife said something disapproving, but when she saw the solemn expression on Lian Zhi's face, she began to recall it seriously again.