511-520

Chapter 511 Stay Out of the Matter

  Lian Zhi really didn't believe it. This matter could really be reported to the government. If they dug a fish pond and planted crops in the countryside, would the government also be involved?

  Even if I can control it, it is a good thing that benefits the country and the people. If I am an honest official, I will definitely not disagree.

  "Okay, listen to me, don't go. Muramasa's wife is still at home, arguing with your aunt! I heard about this and came here to tell you!"

  "Listen to uncle, don't go, just let uncle go back and talk to her!"

  Mu Yanchen also pulled Lian Zhi aside, who wanted to go out, and said something to her, and then said to Lian Youfu,

  "Uncle, just go back and tell them. It's OK as long as we know about it. I will take care of the rest."

  Lian Youfu nodded and prepared to leave. He felt relieved after hearing Mu Yanchen's words. This kid was more sensible than Lian Zhi.

  Just as he was about to leave, he saw Lian Zhi also wanted to go with him, so he persuaded her again.

  "Don't worry about it. With Yanchen here, just stay at home peacefully!"

  After looking at Mu Yanchen beside him, he could only nod. Then the two of them sent Lian Youfu away and returned to the house. Only then did Lian Zhi start to ask Mu Yanchen,

  "If you don't let me go, then why don't you tell me what to do? The fish in the river are so fat. Not to mention the people in the surrounding villages, there are still many households in our village who are reluctant to eat meat!

  If we succeed in digging fish ponds and raising fish, they will definitely follow suit and dig fish ponds. Even if every household does not sell the fish, their lives will be better if they eat them themselves. "

  After all, she also wanted everyone around her to live a good life. Otherwise, she would not have dragged them along as she was just planting the seedlings and trees.

  It's nothing for one person to become rich, as that will only arouse the envy of more people. Leading the people around in the village to live a good life and make everyone rich together is what a truly smart person would do.

  Of course Mu Yanchen knew what Lian Zhi was thinking. He didn't intend to stop digging the fish pond. He just wanted to understand what Uncle Lian had just said.

  If he continued to dig the fish pond, would they send officials to arrest him? Would they arrest him? I was looking forward to it...

  "Don't worry, let's proceed according to the original plan. We'll dig the fish ponds when necessary, and then you can do whatever you want. Leave the rest to me."

  Mu Yanchen did not tell Lian Zhi specifically what he was going to do, and Lian Zhi did not ask any more questions seeing that he was confident.

  Thinking that he was there, I didn't have to worry about it and just waited to go to the fish pond in the evening to direct the work.

  Because the news that Lian Zhi was going to dig a fish pond spread among the people in the village, and at first everyone was supportive and wanted to come and help them.

  But during the day, because the village chief's wife spread the news everywhere in the village, the town and the township did not allow this to happen, and anyone who participated would offend the government.

  Therefore, most of the people in the village would intentionally or unintentionally avoid the riverside or Lian Zhi's house in the evening. Even those who had eaten and planned to go out to cool off as usual would not leave their homes in the evening.