181-190

Chapter 181: Conscience

  As soon as Aunt Lian finished speaking, she glared seriously at Lian Zhi, who was sitting on the kang, and signaled her not to speak any more.

  When the village chief heard what Aunt Lian said, her expression softened. She stopped looking at Lian Zhi and just looked at Lian Youfu and his wife and said,

  "That's right. The child is young and doesn't understand anything. Her parents are gone, so we as elders should teach her some things. She should learn the principles of being a human being as early as possible. You can't spoil the child just because her parents have done you a favor!

  As the old saying goes, without rules, there will be no order. A girl who stands out in the village all day long is already a laughing stock. If she doesn't follow the rules, no family will be willing to marry her!"

  Lian Zhi: “…” I want to buy a watch for Muramasa’s whole family!

  Even the aunt was not happy to hear what the village woman said, but she still had to go along with her.

  "Yes, yes, her aunt, you are right!"

  "Okay, that's settled. You and Brother Youfu will go to the front and keep them stable no matter what. Everything will be easy when I, the boss, come back tomorrow.

  When the reward is issued, the 400 coins will be used to pay for the management and travel expenses. I will give you half of the remaining 300 coins!"

  After saying this, Muramasa's wife looked at Lian Zhi in the corner with disdain, then looked at Aunt Lian and added,

  "If the girl doesn't want it, you can keep it for yourselves. It's free anyway, unless you're a fool. It's three hundred coins! Don't miss it!"

  After saying that, he was about to get up and go back with Muramasa. Lian Zhi leaned against the corner and said coldly, "I don't care about the money that goes against my conscience, let alone three hundred coins or three hundred taels!"

  What? Excluding the cost of the luggage and the carriage, it would cost four hundred coins? I guess she herself would feel guilty about this.

  "You..."

  When Aunt Lian heard Lian Zhi's words, she was about to speak to stop him, but she heard the village chief's wife next to her get angry.

  "How can you talk like that? I'm only here to tell you this because of your uncle Youfu and your aunt. Who do you think you are?

This new house was built for you by your uncle Youfu! How can the people in the village lend you money to build a house without giving him face? What right do you have to say this to me! "

  Lian Zhi was not afraid of her, and had disliked her for a long time. She simply sat on the kang with her legs crossed and shouted at her.

  "You are right. The villagers borrowed money from me because of my uncle's face. Although I have no power, I will not make money against my conscience!"

  After saying this, Lian Zhi suddenly felt that her posture and tone had the potential to be used as a street curse...

  "Girl Zhi, please stop talking. You're making so much noise in the middle of the night and making the neighbors laugh at you!"

  At this time Lian Youfu spoke up to persuade her, and Lian Zhi stopped talking after hearing his words. Not only Lian Zhi, but even Muramasa's wife stopped yelling.

  Lian Youfu didn't like to talk since a while ago, because he also understood this truth, that Muramasa and his wife were not doing things in a very authentic way. They had delayed those people for almost a day, and now they had to report to the town again, and they were still doing it secretly without letting them know.