141-150

Chapter 141 It Was Him

  "The day after tomorrow! Are we going out the day after tomorrow?" Lian Zhi asked with a surprised look.

  She heard from Lian Daguang's wife that her eldest son had been living in a foreign land for many years, helping to transport goods at the post station there, just because the wages there were 200 coins more than those in the surrounding towns.

  The journey back home takes four or five days, and this time I have to stay here for so long that I can only come back after the Chinese New Year.

  If there is heavy snow and the roads are difficult to travel on, we will have to wait until next year to come back, and we will have to spend the whole year outside.

  Unlike her youngest son, who would come home and never go out again when the weather got cold...

  When Lian Daguang's wife said this to herself, she couldn't stop her tears from flowing out, and Lian Zhi could feel her heartache.

  Lian Zhi originally wanted to say, couldn’t he stay a few more days to accompany his parents?

  Later, I stopped talking after thinking about it. After all, I had to go out and earn money. Even if I was reluctant, I had to go. It was impossible for adults to take care of both ends of the world...

  "Go ahead. I want to go to town tomorrow, too! Go back and talk to Auntie, and we'll go together!"

  Lian Zhi originally had no intention of going to the town for this market, but then she had other plans. After thinking about it, she said to Lian Jifa,

  "I'll ask my eldest brother to go to the neighboring village to hire a carriage so we can come back faster. You can stay at home and spend more time with your uncle and aunt."

  Lian Jifa smiled at Lian Zhi. This Lian Zhi was really kind-hearted and always considered others in everything.

  "No need to ask Brother Dafeng to go. I have already hired a carriage and will be waiting for you at the entrance of the alley tomorrow morning."

  Lian Jifa paused for a moment and then said to Lian Zhi again,

  "It doesn't have to be too early. Just have breakfast and I'll come and call you!"

  "good!"

  After hearing this, Lian Zhi nodded at him, thinking that she would pay half of the money for the carriage later.

  "Lian Zhi, you haven't told me yet, what are you drawing on the ground?" Lian Jifa asked, pointing at the pile of drawings made by Lian Zhi on the ground.

  Lian Zhi looked at the drawing on the ground, hesitated for a moment and finally told him,

  "I designed the terraces myself. I originally wanted to turn the barren hills behind into terraces, so that the village would have plenty of land and could plant more things. It's better than eating corn cakes and radish all day long."

  At this point Lian Zhi sighed softly, "I know that no one in the village will agree, so I just paint casually."

  She will do it herself later and do as much as she can. Anyway, she has decided to build the terraced fields.

  However, he did not say this to Lian Jifa. It would be pointless to say it since he would be leaving the day after tomorrow and would not be in the village anyway.

  Lian Jifa looked at the painting by Lian Zhi on the ground. It turned out that this was the so-called terraced fields...

  In the past two days, everyone in the village knew about Lian Zhi's idea. Lian Jifa looked at the ground, thought for a while and said,