271-280

Chapter 271 Going to Muramasa's House

  After sending Lian Daguang's wife away, Lian Zhi returned to the new house and talked to Aunt Yu and Yu Dahua about several ways to eat sweet potato vines. Then she carried half a basket of sweet potato vines back to Aunt Lian's house.

  I cut some by hand, put them back in the basket, and put some rootless ones in it, and finally carried the basket to Muramasa's house...

  The last place she wanted to go in Lianjiabao was Muramasa's house, but she had to come, after all, he was Muramasa, and she didn't know how long he would be in office.

  I have done such a big thing in the village, and the market I built is also at the entrance of the village, where people will come and go. If I can get his support in the future, it will definitely last longer.

  "Auntie, I'm at home looking after the kids!"

  As soon as Lian Zhi entered the house, she saw that the village woman was playing with her grandson in the shade. She had no intention of speaking when she saw Lian Zhi coming in, but when she saw her carrying a backpack, she stood up and smiled at Lian Zhi and said,

  "Lian Zhi, why are you here? What's the matter?"

  When I asked this question, I had already caught a glimpse of the green sweet potato vines in the basket.

  "Oh, what is this? This green vegetable is so rare!"

  "Auntie, this is a sweet potato vine. When it grows, it becomes a sweet potato. I heard people say that this sweet potato is fragrant, sweet and soft whether it is steamed or boiled. Both adults and children like it.

  That’s why I asked someone to bring some back to me. These are the best ones I kept for my aunt. The rest were sold to people in the village.”

  When Muramasa heard that this thing was so good, she really wanted it, but she said,

  "Oh, this is a good thing, but I can't buy it. There's no spare money at home! If I had some extra money, I would have bought the seedlings you brought back for them a long time ago!"
Lian Zhi couldn't understand what she meant, so he smiled and said,

  "Look at what you said, Auntie. You and my uncle Cunzheng have worked so hard for Lianjiabao. How can I ask you for money for these seedlings? I left them for you. No money is required!"

  As she spoke, Lian Zhi took out a sweet potato vine and taught Muramasa's wife how to plant it in the ground.

  "I have already cut it for you at home, but I am afraid that you will not have time to tidy it up while you are taking care of the kids. You can just bury it in the soil when the time comes! Then you can wait for the harvest and eat the sweet potatoes!"

  “Hahaha…good, good, good!”

  When Muramasa's wife heard that Bai Geile was so happy that she couldn't close her mouth.

  Seeing that Lian Zhi was going to teach her how to plant in the fields, she listened more attentively than the previous women did.

  "Oh, that's it, OK, OK, I'll make a note of it!"

  "Oh...oh, I'll remember all of them!"

  Seeing that the village woman had really learned it, Lian Zhi didn't even have time to say anything before finding a place to move these sweet potato vines.

  The village chief's wife had already brought her own backpack, and she didn't even bother to respond even when her little grandson was crying and calling her.