261-270

Chapter 261 Villagers' Meeting (VII)

  "Look at this! Our Fifth Uncle is really thoughtful. Who doesn't want to get rich sooner? But you guys are just worried about paying a deposit to open up the wasteland, so you don't even want to go.

  I didn't think of asking my boss to go to the town and fight for us! After all, we are carrying the hope of our whole village to discuss whether we can pay less!"

The village chief's wife had a little plan in mind. She was thinking of giving them a few hundred coins less later so that someone would go to the mountains to open up wasteland.

  At that time, not only will they be good people, but they will also get the money just by sitting at home and doing nothing.

  "We can't afford it even if it's two or three hundred coins less!"

  "Yes, the land on this barren mountain has not been planted yet, and we don't know what the harvest will be like in the first year. We have to pay a few hundred coins or one tael of silver first. If we don't get that much by then, we won't be able to have a good life at the end of the year..."

  "That's right. I'd rather not go, so as to save Uncle Wu from having to pay for the carriage!"

  "Yes, let's not go. Anyway, we won't go to the mountains to open up wasteland. We have two acres of land at the village entrance to plant crops, which is enough!"

  Seeing several people starting to discuss and finally deciding not to let their head of the family go to town, the village head's wife glanced at Fifth Grandpa, pointed at these people in the village and said,

  "It's just that you guys are not as conscious as our Fifth Uncle. I, the head of the family, have fought for it before, and this time I am going with the hope of our entire village.

  What if they give us 300 or 400 less or half of what we paid? The wheat you planted on your one-acre land will yield as good a harvest as Zhi’s, and you still can’t come up with the 300 or 500 less?”

  As soon as she finished speaking, seeing that the people around her were silent, Muramasa's wife said nonchalantly,

  "Anyway, if you really only pay half, we will go to the mountains to open up wasteland. If you don't want to pay, that's your own business. Don't be jealous when we have a good harvest.

  If there are new rules in the future, and the price per acre of land will be increased, I, the boss, can't fight for it for you. It's you who didn't seize this opportunity."

  After that, no one commented. At this time, Lian Zhi in the corner suddenly shouted towards the big willow tree not far away.

  "Aunt, you're right. Let Uncle Muramasa go! Since my fifth grandfather paid for the round-trip carriage fare, I will pay for Uncle Muramasa's arrangements in the town."

  I have seen it for a long time. The village woman is definitely not so kind, she just wants to make a profit. If that's the case, then give her some sweet treats. Maybe she can really bring back news. If the one acre of land is really reduced by half, Lian Zhi will calculate that it is appropriate.

  As soon as Lian Zhi started shouting, Aunt Lian became nervous. She immediately rushed over and grabbed her arm, fearing that she would say something without thinking. If that happened, she would have to hold her back to avoid regretting it later.

  After Lian Zhi finished shouting, she looked at Aunt Lian beside her and smiled at her.

  Aunt Lian glared at her and then let go. Her words mentioned Uncle Wu, and if she thought about it carefully, there was nothing wrong with that.