// thirteen //

I T    W A S     D A R K     I N S I D E     T H E     W O L F 

Gasping for air, Adora clawed her surroundings—trying to latch onto something—anything. 

She wasn't sure what was happening—if this was still a dream or if this was real life—all she knew was that she needed air. 

She felt her limbs being held down as whispers filled her ear with sweet nothings and promises. 

"It will all be over soon, it's just a small bug in your system..." A sweet voice whispered. "You really shouldn't leave your drinks unattended, little girl."

But focusing on the voice just made her focus on the fact she couldn't breathe so Adora forced her eyes open, ignoring the searing ache in her lungs. 

As she felt herself hyperventilate, panic filled her head as she tried thrashing around. 

"You need to calm down," 

'I need anything but to calm down,' Adora thought to herself as her lungs begged to expand properly—a relief she couldn't give. 

Adora's eyes darted around the room. 

"Mirror..."

Her eyes focused on the mirror in the corner, remembering it and naming it. 

"Crystal..."

Her eyes locked with a small crystal near her, she admired it before looking around the room more. 

"Dark blonde hair.."

Watching a strand of blonde hair that shook in-front of her face, she tried following it to the person it belonged to but it became increasingly difficult as her eyes fluttered shut and her body went numb. 

"Ice blue eyes.....blood....shoulder....bloody shoulder..."

She wasn't sure when she had snapped out of it. 

She woke up back in her own bed. 

She briefly remembered Sophie and Keefe returning, Elwin asked her for help and she did. 

Sophie was "fixed"—Keefe had some injuries—Sophie also wasn't allowed any medicine for 24 hours. 

Everything felt like it was going a hundred miles an hours, everything was foggy. She remembered the Council—Grady, Edaline—something about Fitz. 

Alden! Alden was there—wait what? 

Oh...right, Sophie brought him back...When did that happen?

"Five minutes ago," Sophie answered—bringing Adora back into reality. "Sorry, you transmitted that so I assumed—never mind. Are you okay?" 

Adora blinked a bit before scrunching up her face, her eyes focusing again. "Yeah..Yeah! Sorry, I don't know what just happened." 

Sophie laughed it off, squeezing her hand. "Tell me about it, I need to catch you up. You've been out of it since I got back." 

Brushing her off, Adora laughed too. "You basically just revived someone, let's be in the moment before we have run downs of the past." 

"Alright, c'mon—people are crying and they need tissues!" Sophie dragged Adora along as they ran to go get tissues for the Vackers. 

Quickly opening the cabinets, Adora took out some tissues boxes—throwing them to Sophie.