35.

{4:48pm - Wednesday}

I sat on the bench next to Ricky and tried to act normal. I looked through the crowd of kids until I found Aria again.

She was stood at the top on the slide looking over at Ricky and I. She smiled and waved before sitting and sliding down.

'Who was you talking to?' Ricky asked. His voice made it sound like he wasn't sure whether to ask or not.

'Josh. I wanted to see what he would say' I was honest. There's no point lying when you're trying to find out the truth yourself.

'You told him?' Ricky's head turned to look at me. I looked back at him.

'Not directly. I asked the questions I needed too. He told me you were buying tickets when he showed up but that you never mentioned who they were for. He also told me that you told him that I liked them bands'

Ricky nodded as if his story added up.

'He told me that he thought you were buying tickets for a girl you've been hanging around with a lot recently. Is it true? Where the tickets for that girl?' I had to ask. I'm not sure why but it was bothering me a lot.

I looked back to the play ground to make sure Aria was okay.

'It's true I've been hanging around with a girl but no I bought them tickets for you, us' I could tell her was telling the truth through his voice. It was so steady and firm.

'Is she your girlfriend?' I regretted it as soon as it came out of my mouth. I sound so nosey and jealous. Am I?

Ricky shock his head slightly 'No' he simply answered and that was that. I was relieved really but why? I don't care who Ricky hangs out with I'm dating Josh.

We both went quiet being occupied by our own thoughts. Not long after we left to take Aria back home because she was starting to get tired.

I carried her to the car with her head resting on my shoulder. When we got back to a Ricky's car I strapped her into her seat and drove back to her house.

The ride we sat in silence, neither of us sure what to say. I watched in the mirror as Aria slipped in and out of consciousness. Her eyes fluttered open and shut like a butterfly.

We pulled up outside the house and I got out. I went straight to the back seat to carry Aria inside. Ricky got out and carried my bag, the car seat and opened the door for me.

I laid her down on the sofa and pulled a blanket over her. I turned the TV on to a kid channel so that she would watch it whilst she fell asleep.

'Thank you' I said to Ricky as he put the seat down by the door and handed me my bag.

'No problem' He smiled. We both stood by the door awkwardly not sure what to do. It wasn't my place to invite Ricky to stay.

'You should probably get going. Thanks for the ride and company at the park' I awkwardly spoke up.

Ricky looked down at his feet and bit his lip. 'Er yeah I guess I should' He turned and walked out the front door.

I watched from the door as he walked towards his car. He walked around to the drivers side of the car and stopped staring at me. I stared back at him.

Ricky came running back around the car and to the front door.

'What are you-' I was cut off by him smashing his lips onto mine. My eyes went wide with shock but then closed as my mouth moved in sync with his. Butterflies were going crazy in my stomach. Fireworks exploded in my head. My whole body tingled.