20.

{10:51am - Monday}

Chris turned the stereo back on and played Psychosocial from the beginning.

'Just look me in the eyes and say I'm wrong. Now there's only emptiness venomous, insipid I think we're done. I'm not the only one!' Chris sung the verses tapping his fingers on the steering wheel.

'And the rain will kill us all. We throw ourselves against the wall but no one else can see the preservation of the martyr in me' I sung the chorus.

Ryan sat in the back playing air guitar through the whole song.

When the song finished we all started laughing. These guys are so different to what I expected they're actually...fun? I judged these guys way to quick.

'You have an amazing voice' Chris complimented me.

'Not to bad yourself' I complimented back 'And great air guitar skills Ry'

Ry? seriously I just called him by a nickname after only knowing him for 5 minutes! I hope they don't notice that I said that.

Ryan thanked me and told me about he played guitar, not just air guitar. He played me a guitar cover he did of some metal band's song. I have to admit he has skills.

The Slipknot songs kept playing the whole ride some I knew some I didn't. I tapped on the door to the ones I recognised the beat of.

'So how old are you? You look young but you seem very mature' Chris broke the silence.

'18 you?' I asked back.

'I'm 28 and Ryan's 24'

I looked back at Ryan, He sat in the middle of the back seats nodding. I smiled at him and looked forward again.

'Finished school?' Chris asked trying to make conversation. I take it this guy isn't a fan of silence and is more a fan of talking, and Slipknot.

'No just taking the day off' I looked out the window at the houses we were passing. It looked like a nice neighbourhood. Perfectly cut green lawns spread outside each one. Tree's lined the street, some with flowers, some just plain green leaves.

'Any reason? Sorry if you think I'm prying to much' He apologised.

I might as well tell them the truth, They're best friends with Ricky and Josh so they would probably find out and some point and I don't really want them to think of me as a liar.

'I walked past Ricky's this morning and he invited me in but when I left I forgot my bag and it had all my school stuff in it so there wasn't much point going' I explained

Chris offered to take me to Ricky's to get it but I told him that Josh was getting it for me later in a hour or so. When we pulled up outside my house Chris asked if I wanted to take his number, saying I could call him if I ever needed a ride anywhere his way of an apology. One ride isn't enough he insisted.

I'm warming to these boys already you can see that really they are all harmless by how apologetic they all are. I passed him my phone for him to type in his number.

'Shit did this happen when you fell?' He shouted looking at my phone covered in many many cracks.

I nodded and laughed at his reaction. It wasn't too bad I could still read texts call people listen to music and do all the things I needed to do with my phone just with cracks making some things a little harder.

He passed it back to me. 'Don't forget any time'

I stepped back from the car. 'Any time' I repeated. I smiled and walked up to my front door praying that both my parents were at work. I waved goodbye to Chris and Ryan and quietly opened the door.

The house was silent. I was alone. I threw the keys in the bowl on the table and made myself a metal reminder to give them back to Oli.

I slowly dragged myself up to my room and collapsed onto my bed leaving my face buried into my puffed up pillow.