37.

{7:42pm - Wednesday}

A small black car came cruising down the road towards me. In the front seat I could faintly see Chris.

I stood up from the curb and dusted myself off. The rest of the car was empty. I opened the passenger seat and got in beside him.

A different band played quietly in the background of his car. It wasn't Slipknot this time. 'Who's this?' I asked pointing at the stereo.

'Bleeding Through' He chirped.

Down the middle of the seat sat two coke cans. One open, one closed

'Wanna drink?' He offered me. I nodded and took the closed can and clicked it open. It fizzed up slightly trying to go over the edge. I leant forward and quickly slurped it away before it spilt.

'Good save. I'm not sure if coke would of looked good on this outfit or these seats' I laughed placing the can back next to Chris'

'That outfit it too good to have coke spilt on it' He complimented. I smiled at him as a thank you. 'You going home?' He asked for confirmation where to drive.

'Probably. I don't know, take me anywhere' I sighed. I looked out the window. My head was starting to hurt from over thinking.

'You okay?' Chris asked. I could feel his eyes flick between me and the road.

I stayed silent. I wasn't sure what to tell him yet.

'Is it Josh? Did the date go badly?' He continued with the questions. I still didn't answer. 'Sorry that private I shouldn't ask' He apologised.

I turned to look at him. 'No, I'm sorry. I'm not sure how I am really'

Chris put his hand on my knee and gave it a gentle squeeze . 'I'm here if you want to talk' I placed my hand over his for a second before we both moved away.

'You cant tell anyone though and I mean that Chris nobody can know. I'm still not sure if you should know but I cant hold this on my own' I played with my finger in my lap and shock my head.

Chris frowned at me. 'Sounds serious. What's wrong?'

'First of all this shirt. Yesterday Josh took me to PTV and SWS World Tour and bought me this shirt so it has him written all over it' Chris smiled. 'But smells like Ricky' I pulled at my Sleeping With Sirens t-shirt.

Chris' face turned to a confused look but kept focus on the road 'Wait what do you mean smell like Ricky?'

'Ricky turned up outside my school today and took me to where I was doing my baby sitting, took us to the park then back home and just as he was about to leave... he kissed me. It wasn't even just a little peck, it was a full on kiss'

Chris pulled the car over to the side of the road and turned his body to face me straight. 'He did what?!'

'But before you go blaming Ricky or anything I do have a part to play in this. This story comes with another.' I told him all the details about when I was at Ricky's, about his dad, the punch, the kiss, the phone and Ricky showing up at my door before the date.

'and what tops it off is that Ricky was going to take me to that concert last night but apparently Josh stole the idea off him and took me before Ricky could'

'Woah you guys been living a secret life' Chris joked.

'I guess you could say' I rested my head on the window.

Chris picked up his drink and took a sip.

'But I'm dating Josh so it's so wrong why would he do that to his best friend?' I exclaimed.

'He wouldn't do it unless he really meant it. It happened once before but Ricky never acted out on his feelings. He really liked TJ's girlfriend but because she was TJ's he got over it. If he's doing this even though your with Balz then...'

'He really likes me?' I finished his sentence. Chris nodded. He knew Ricky better than me. He understands what's going on.

'I don't want to hurt either of them though' I sighed and looked out the window.

Chris but his hand on mine and rubbed it in a comforting way. 'But don't hurt yourself either'

I gave him a weak smile 'I'll do what I thinks best. Thanks Chris' I leant over and gave him a hug. 'Could you take me home please?'

Chris nodded and the car pulled back onto the street again.

I knew what I had to do.

...
Comment what country you're from