Late convention post.

Late because we got sick as hell like a day after the con :,)

But the other week, we went to the annual pop culture con where we live and here's the verdict!

This year we went as Link! In the Gerudo outfit. Bloody wattpad ruins the picture tho quality ugh.

We actually woke up that morning at like 2am with KILLER leg pain, but we weren't about to skip the con so we sucked it up, broke out the walking stick and went anyway

We actually woke up that morning at like 2am with KILLER leg pain, but we weren't about to skip the con so we sucked it up, broke out the walking stick and went anyway. This was the first time I've had to take a mobility aid to a con, and it was pretty smooth sailing. Obviously I can't speak for people with bigger aids like wheelchairs, but I wasn't the only one with a walking stick I saw and I had an easy time getting around, the set up was a bit more spaced out this year. And the attendance was way up too, I think now the pandemic is mostly over (at least in our country) the con scene is getting back to normal again.

I've used trans tape to bind a bunch of times before and it always works well. But this time I had to tape up a bit weirdly to hide it under the top, it definitely did flatten things out a bit, but not as much as if I could have taped normally (around the sides and up the shoulders). So I'd say it went ok.

It was freezing outside, but warm enough inside I wasn't uncomfortable in a crop top. And the popular thing to cosplay this year was unsurprisingly hazbin hotel. It was EVERYWHERE, mostly Nifty. I assume because she's pretty simple to cosplay.

As for loot

Not much this year surprisingly

Not much this year surprisingly. New jeans album, some holographic photo card sleeves, matching Zag and Melione keychains and the wonderful pin I saw last year and was glad to get this year. I did get some food afterwards but I'm not counting that as con loot since I didn't get it AT the con, con food is overpriced.

Pricing wasn't too bad, ticket was $50 which is pretty standard for a day pass nowadays, although tbh I think it's overpriced considering cons used to be like $20. The album was amazingly only $35, cheap for a kpop album with all the freebies they usually come with. Everything else ranged from $2-15 so nothing too wild.

Last year we went as Zagreus, and unsurprisingly he hogged the front the whole time to cosplay himself. But this year it was mostly me in the front with Achilles nearby and Link hovered around for a bit too, but he got a bit overstimulated and left into the headspace after a while. Achilles has definitely become the financial advisor of the system, he kept us from impulse buying. He's also very much a voice of encouragement, as the day went on my legs got more and more sore and he was constantly telling me I'd be ok and to hang on just a bit longer until we could sit down. By the time we got back I passed out pretty quick, sore legs and the friend we went with we ended up chatting shit with for HOURS out at dinner. We're those friends from primary school who see each other once in an blue moon but talk copious amounts of smack when we do see each other lol.

I feel like the convention scene is slowly getting back to normal, which is good because I've missed it and the more people attend the more events will happen in our boring ass city.

That's about all for this years con post. I'm not sure what we'll be cosplaying next year, still too early to tell. But given things are mostly back to normal in the con scene, it'll be fine I'm sure. So until next update/one of the alters hijacks the account to post something, that's all for now!