Chapter 3

A few weeks had passed since Jaehyun had visited Leehan's dorm and marveled at his aquariums. The bond between them continued to grow, but Jaehyun could still sense that Leehan was holding something back. They spent more time together, whether it was studying in the library, playing basketball, or simply hanging out in the cafeteria with their friends.

One evening, after a particularly intense basketball game, Jaehyun and Leehan sat on a bench near the campus lake, cooling down and enjoying the peaceful scenery. The sun was setting, casting a golden hue over the water, and the atmosphere was calm and serene.

Jaehyun took a deep breath, deciding to broach the subject carefully. "Leehan, there's something I've been wanting to ask you. You don't have to answer if you don't want to, but I just want you to know that I'm here for you."

Leehan glanced at Jaehyun, his expression guarded but curious. "What is it?"

"I've noticed that sometimes you seem really troubled," Jaehyun said gently. "I know you have a lot going on, and I don't want to pry, but if there's anything you want to talk about, I'm here to listen."

Leehan was silent for a moment, staring out at the lake. Finally, he sighed and began to speak, his voice low and hesitant. "There is something, actually. It's about a girl. Her name is Hana."

Jaehyun nodded, encouraging him to continue. "Go on."

Leehan took a deep breath. "Hana and I have known each other since high school. We were really close, and I thought... I thought we might have something more. But we had a big fight a few months ago, just before I started university here. She wanted to pursue a different career path than what her parents wanted, and I... I didn't support her the way she needed. I was too focused on my own plans, and we ended up arguing. We haven't talked much since then."

Jaehyun listened intently, understanding the weight of Leehan's words. "That sounds really tough, Leehan. Do you still have feelings for her?"

Leehan nodded slowly. "Yeah, I do. I've been trying to figure out how to make things right, how to show her that I care and support her now. But I don't know if she'll ever forgive me."

Jaehyun placed a comforting hand on Leehan's shoulder. "It's not easy, but the fact that you want to make things right is a good start. Maybe you could reach out to her, apologize, and let her know how you feel."

Leehan sighed again, this time with a hint of determination. "I've been thinking about it a lot. I guess I've just been scared of her rejecting me again."

Jaehyun smiled reassuringly. "Sometimes, taking the first step is the hardest part. But you've got nothing to lose by trying. And no matter what happens, you've got friends here who support you."

Leehan looked at Jaehyun, a mixture of gratitude and vulnerability in his eyes. "Thanks, Jaehyun. It means a lot to hear that."

They sat in comfortable silence for a while, the peaceful sounds of the evening enveloping them. Jaehyun felt a deep sense of connection with Leehan, appreciating the trust he had shown by opening up about his feelings for Hana.

"Hey, if you ever need help figuring out what to say or how to approach her, I'm here," Jaehyun offered with a supportive smile.

Leehan nodded, a small smile forming on his lips. "I might just take you up on that. Thanks, Jaehyun."

As they stood up to leave, Jaehyun felt hopeful for his friend. He knew that the road ahead wouldn't be easy for Leehan, but with determination and support, he believed Leehan could mend his relationship with Hana and find the happiness he deserved.

• ─────────── •

The next day, Jaehyun couldn't stop thinking about his conversation with Leehan. He wanted to help his friend, and he had an idea of how to do it. During lunch, he discussed his plan with Riwoo and Sungho, who were eager to assist.

"Leehan needs to show Hana that he supports her and wants to make things right," Jaehyun explained. "We should help him set up a special meeting where he can apologize and talk to her."

Riwoo nodded, a grin spreading across his face. "I love it. We could set up something nice, maybe in the art gallery or by the lake where it's quiet."

Sungho added, "And we can help with the details. Make sure everything goes smoothly."

With the plan in mind, Jaehyun approached Leehan after their next basketball practice. "Hey, Leehan, I've been thinking about what you told me yesterday," Jaehyun said, his tone serious but encouraging. "I think you should meet with Hana and talk things out. We can help you set it up, make it special."

Leehan looked surprised, but he seemed to consider the idea. "You really think that would work?"

"It's worth a shot," Jaehyun replied. "We could set it up in a place where you both feel comfortable. What do you think?"

Leehan hesitated for a moment, then nodded. "Okay. Let's do it. I want to make things right with her."

With Leehan on board, Jaehyun, Riwoo, and Sungho began planning. They decided to arrange the meeting in the university's art gallery, knowing it was a place where Leehan felt at ease and where the serene atmosphere could facilitate a heartfelt conversation.

The day of the meeting arrived, and Jaehyun, Riwoo, and Sungho worked tirelessly to set everything up. They arranged flowers and lit candles to create a warm, inviting ambiance. Leehan, meanwhile, was a bundle of nerves, but he was determined to see things through.

Jaehyun met Leehan outside the gallery, giving him a reassuring smile. "You've got this, Leehan. Just speak from the heart."

Leehan nodded, taking a deep breath. "Thanks, Jaehyun. For everything."

As Hana arrived, Jaehyun discreetly stepped aside, giving them privacy but staying close in case Leehan needed support. Hana looked curious but cautious as she approached Leehan.

"Leehan," Hana said, her voice soft but steady. "What's all this?"

Leehan took a step forward, his heart pounding. "Hana, I wanted to talk to you. To apologize for everything. I know I wasn't there for you when you needed me, and I regret that every day."

Hana's expression softened slightly, but she remained guarded. "Why now, Leehan?"

"Because I realized how much I care about you and how wrong I was," Leehan said, his voice filled with sincerity. "I've been scared of losing you, but I can't keep running from this. I want to support you in whatever you choose to do. I just want you to be happy."

Hana looked at him, her eyes searching his face for a long moment. "I've missed you, Leehan. But it hurt when you didn't believe in me."

Leehan stepped closer, his eyes pleading. "I know, and I'm so sorry. I've learned a lot since then, and I'm ready to stand by you, no matter what. Please, give me another chance."

There was a moment of silence that felt like an eternity. Then, slowly, Hana nodded. "Okay, Leehan. I'm willing to try."

Leehan's face lit up with relief and joy. "Thank you, Hana. I promise I won't let you down."

Jaehyun watched from a distance, a smile on his face. He felt a sense of pride and happiness for his friend. As Leehan and Hana began to talk more openly, Jaehyun knew that this was just the beginning of their journey toward healing and understanding.

When Leehan finally rejoined Jaehyun, his eyes were shining with hope. "Thank you, Jaehyun. I couldn't have done this without you."

Jaehyun grinned, clapping a hand on Leehan's shoulder. "You did great, Leehan. I'm really happy for you."

As they walked away from the gallery, Jaehyun felt a deep sense of fulfillment. He had helped his friend take a significant step forward, and their bond had only grown stronger because of it. With Riwoo and Sungho by their side, Jaehyun knew they could face any challenge that came their way.

• ─────────── •