Chapter 31

Jaehyun walked through the park, his mind still reeling from the encounter with Leehan. The rain had stopped, leaving the air cool and damp. As he rounded a corner, he saw Hana sitting on a bench, her head bowed and shoulders shaking slightly. She looked up as he approached, her eyes red and teary.

"Hana, what's wrong?" Jaehyun asked, concern evident in his voice.

Hana tried to smile but failed. "Leehan... He was so distant today. It's like he wasn't even there with me. I'm starting to think he doesn't love me anymore."

Jaehyun's heart ached seeing Hana like this. Despite his own feelings for Leehan, he couldn't bear to see Hana in pain. He sat down beside her, taking a deep breath. "I'm sure that's not true, Hana. Leehan cares about you a lot. Maybe he's just going through something."

Hana wiped her tears, looking at Jaehyun with hope. "Do you really think so?"

Jaehyun nodded. "I do. Relationships go through rough patches, but it doesn't mean the love isn't there. Maybe you both just need to reconnect."

Hana sighed, leaning against the bench. "But how? I feel like I've tried everything."

Jaehyun thought for a moment, remembering the times he had helped her plan dates and thoughtful gestures. "Maybe it's not about trying harder but trying differently. Focus on the things that brought you together in the first place. Do something simple and meaningful."

Hana nodded slowly, considering his words. "You're right. I need to remind him why we fell in love in the first place."

Jaehyun smiled, feeling a bittersweet mixture of emotions. "And I'll help you, Hana. We'll figure this out together."

Hana reached out and squeezed his hand. "Thank you, Jaehyun. I don't know what I'd do without you."

Jaehyun squeezed back, a silent promise to himself to put their happiness above his own. "We'll make it work. Just remember to be patient and understanding. Love is about support, even when things are tough."

Hana smiled, wiping the last of her tears away. "You're right. We can do this."

The two sat in silence for a moment, both knowing what they had to do. Hana would work on rekindling her relationship with Leehan, and Jaehyun would support her, even if it meant putting his own feelings aside as always.

As they stood to leave, Hana turned to Jaehyun. "I'm so glad I have you as a friend, Jaehyun. You're always there for me."

Jaehyun smiled, though it didn't quite reach his eyes. "Always, Hana."

• ─────────── •

The classroom buzzed with the usual pre-lecture chatter, students catching up with friends and preparing for the class. Jaehyun sat with Riwoo and Sungho, discussing their weekend plans. Across the room, Leehan sat alone, his eyes occasionally drifting toward Jaehyun, his mind still a whirlwind of unresolved emotions.

As the clock ticked closer to the start of the lecture, the door swung open, and Hanbin entered, a determined look on his face. He walked directly to Jaehyun, ignoring the curious glances from his classmates.

Riwoo and Sungho noticed Hanbin's approach and exchanged a quick, puzzled look. Jaehyun glanced up, surprised to see Hanbin standing in front of him.

"Hanbin, what's up?" Jaehyun asked, smiling slightly.

Hanbin took a deep breath, his expression serious. "Jaehyun, there's something I need to tell you. And I want everyone to hear it."

The classroom fell silent, the students turning their attention to the unfolding scene. Even Leehan, who had been lost in his thoughts, focused intently on what was happening.

"I've been thinking a lot about this," Hanbin began, his voice clear and unwavering. "And I can't keep it to myself any longer. Jaehyun, I've fallen in love with you."

A collective gasp echoed through the room, followed by excited murmurs. Some students cheered, clapping and urging Hanbin on. Jaehyun's eyes widened in shock, his mind racing. He glanced around, feeling the weight of the entire class's attention on him.

Riwoo and Sungho looked at each other, surprised but supportive, while Leehan's face darkened, a mix of anger and confusion evident in his eyes. He clenched his fists under the desk, his heart pounding.

Jaehyun opened his mouth to respond, struggling to find the right words. "Hanbin, I..."

But before he could finish, the door opened again, and their teacher walked in, oblivious to the drama that had just unfolded. "Alright, everyone, settle down. Let's get started."

The room quickly fell into an uneasy silence, the students reluctantly turning their attention to the front. Hanbin returned to his seat, his expression a mix of hope and anxiety. Jaehyun, on the other hand, felt a knot of uncertainty in his stomach. He hadn't expected this, and he wasn't sure how to process it.

Throughout the lecture, Jaehyun's mind wandered, unable to focus on the lesson. He glanced over at Hanbin, who was trying to pay attention but occasionally glanced back at him. Then he looked at Leehan, whose gaze was fixed firmly on his notebook, though Jaehyun could see the tension in his posture.

As the class went on, Jaehyun felt the weight of the situation pressing down on him. He needed to figure out how he felt about Hanbin, but more importantly, he needed to understand his own heart. The confusion and turmoil inside him only grew stronger, and he knew that whatever decision he made would have significant consequences for his relationships with Hanbin, Leehan, and even Hana.

Jaehyun stared at his notebook, the words blurring together as he tried to make sense of his complicated feelings.

• ─────────── •