Chapter 28

It was a bright, crisp morning as Jaehyun walked across the university campus, feeling more at ease than he had in a long time. The encounter with Hanbin had been a welcome distraction, and he found himself looking forward to seeing his new friend again.

In the bustling quad, Jaehyun spotted Hanbin leaning against a tree, engrossed in a book. As he approached, Hanbin looked up and waved, his face lighting up with a warm smile.

"Hey, Jaehyun!" Hanbin called out, closing his book. "Glad you could make it. Ready for another day of adventure?"

Jaehyun grinned. "Absolutely. What do you have in mind?"

Hanbin's eyes twinkled with excitement. "I thought we could explore the art museum on campus. There's a new exhibit I think you'd really like."

Jaehyun's interest was piqued. "Sounds great. Let's go."

The two friends made their way to the university art museum, their conversation flowing easily as they walked. Inside, the museum was a serene oasis of creativity and inspiration. The new exhibit featured modern and contemporary art, with vibrant colors and bold designs that immediately captivated Jaehyun.

As they wandered through the galleries, Hanbin pointed out his favorite pieces, sharing insights and interpretations that deepened Jaehyun's appreciation of the art. They paused in front of a particularly striking painting, its abstract forms and vivid hues drawing them in.

"This one is incredible," Jaehyun said, his eyes wide with wonder. "The colors are so intense."

Hanbin nodded. "It's amazing how art can evoke such strong emotions. It's like the artist poured their soul onto the canvas."

Jaehyun glanced at Hanbin, impressed by his passion and knowledge. "You really know a lot about art."

Hanbin shrugged modestly. "It's a hobby of mine. I find it fascinating how art can express what words sometimes can't."

They continued exploring the museum, each piece sparking new conversations and connections. Jaehyun felt a sense of camaraderie with Hanbin, appreciating the ease with which they could talk and share experiences.

After spending hours in the museum, they decided to grab lunch at a nearby café. As they sat down with their meals, Jaehyun felt a renewed sense of contentment.

"Thanks for suggesting the museum," Jaehyun said, taking a bite of his sandwich. "I really enjoyed it."

Hanbin smiled. "I'm glad. It's always fun to share something you love with a friend."

Jaehyun's heart warmed at the word "friend." It felt good to have someone new in his life, someone who brought positivity and light.

As they finished their lunch, Hanbin leaned back in his chair, a thoughtful expression on his face. "So, Jaehyun, what other interests do you have? I feel like we've only scratched the surface."

Jaehyun laughed. "Well, aside from dancing, I also like reading and cooking. It's nice to unwind with a good book or try out new recipes."

Hanbin's eyes lit up. "Cooking, huh? Maybe we could cook together sometime. I could use some tips."

Jaehyun nodded eagerly. "That sounds like fun. I'd love to."

The afternoon passed in a blur of laughter and shared stories, the bond between them growing stronger with each passing moment. By the time they parted ways, Jaehyun felt lighter, more hopeful about the future.

As Jaehyun walked back to his dorm, he reflected on the day's events. Meeting Hanbin had been a turning point, a chance to rediscover the joy of friendship and connection. For the first time in a long while, he felt like he was moving forward, leaving behind the pain of unrequited love and embracing new possibilities.