Chapter 2

The following days were a blur of classes, assignments, and socializing for Myung Jaehyun. He quickly made friends with Riwoo and Sungho, two fellow sophomores who shared his enthusiasm for exploring the campus and trying out new activities. The trio became inseparable, often seen laughing and joking around between classes.

However, Jaehyun couldn't shake the feeling that something was off with Leehan Kim. Since their visit to the art gallery, Leehan had become more distant, often avoiding Jaehyun in the hallways and cutting their conversations short. It puzzled Jaehyun, who genuinely enjoyed Leehan's company and had hoped their friendship would continue to grow.

One afternoon, Jaehyun decided to head to the gymnasium, needing to clear his head. He found a quiet corner and started dancing, letting the music in his headphones guide his movements. Dancing had always been a way for him to express himself and release stress. Lost in the rhythm, he almost didn't notice when Riwoo and Sungho walked in.

"Hey, Jaehyun!" Riwoo called out, clapping his hands in time with the beat. "You're really good! Have you thought about joining with me at the dance club?"

Jaehyun smiled, pausing to catch his breath. "Thanks! I might just do that. It's been a while since I danced in a group."

Sungho nudged him playfully. "You should! It'd be fun to watch you guys perform."

As they chatted, Jaehyun's thoughts drifted back to Leehan. He decided to talk to Taesan and Woonhak, Leehan's close friends, hoping they might shed some light on what was going on.

After practice, Jaehyun found Taesan and Woonhak in the cafeteria, engrossed in a conversation about their latest project for biology class. Summoning his courage, he approached them.

"Hey, Taesan, Woonhak," Jaehyun began, feeling a bit nervous. "Can I talk to you guys for a moment?"

Taesan looked up, his expression curious. "Sure, Jaehyun. What's up?"

"It's about Leehan. I've noticed he's been avoiding me lately, and I'm worried about him. Is everything okay?" Jaehyun asked, his concern evident.

Woonhak exchanged a glance with Taesan before speaking. "Leehan's been going through some personal stuff. He doesn't talk about it much, but I think it's been weighing on him."

Taesan nodded in agreement. "Yeah, he's got a lot on his plate. Sometimes, he just needs some space."

Jaehyun frowned, feeling a pang of guilt. "I didn't mean to intrude. I just... I just want to know if he is alright."

Woonhak smiled reassuringly. "It's good that you care, Jaehyun. Maybe give him some time, and he'll come around. In the meantime, keep being yourself. That's what drew him to you in the first place."

Jaehyun nodded, grateful for their insight. He decided to take their advice, hoping that Leehan would reach out when he was ready.

Later that evening, Leehan sat in his dorm room, meticulously arranging a new decorative aquarium. The soft glow of the tank lights cast a soothing ambiance as he carefully placed each element. Taking care of his fish was a hobby that brought him peace, a small escape from the chaos of university life.

As he finished, Taesan and Woonhak entered the room, their presence a welcome distraction. "Hey, Leehan," Taesan greeted, taking a seat on the bed. "How's the new aquarium coming along?"

Leehan smiled faintly. "It's almost done. I think the fish will like it."

Woonhak leaned in, admiring the arrangement. "It looks great, as always. By the way, we ran into Jaehyun today."

Leehan's smile faded slightly. "Oh?"

"Yeah, he's worried about you," Taesan said gently. "He wants to be there for you, but he doesn't want to push."