Chapter 33

Taesan and Woonhak had managed to orchestrate the perfect setup. They had convinced Jaehyun to meet Leehan for a study session in one of the quieter corners of the library. The sun cast a gentle, golden light through the large windows, creating an almost serene atmosphere.

Leehan sat at the table, his heart pounding with a mix of anticipation and anxiety. He glanced at the door every few seconds, waiting for Jaehyun to arrive. Taesan and Woonhak had already made themselves scarce, leaving Leehan to face this moment alone.

After what felt like an eternity, Jaehyun walked in, his expression cautious but polite. He offered a small, hesitant smile as he sat down across from Leehan.

"Hey," Jaehyun greeted, his voice soft.

"Hey," Leehan replied, trying to keep his voice steady. "Thanks for coming."

Jaehyun nodded, opening his notebook. "No problem. Let's get started, yeah?"

Leehan tried to focus on the task at hand, but his mind kept drifting to the countless moments they had shared as friends. He glanced up at Jaehyun, who was engrossed in his notes. There was so much he wanted to say, so much he wanted to understand, but the words seemed to catch in his throat.

Minutes ticked by in silence, the only sound the occasional rustle of paper or the scribbling of a pen. Leehan's resolve began to waver. Just as he was about to muster the courage to speak, Jaehyun closed his notebook with a decisive snap.

"I'm sorry, Leehan," Jaehyun said, his voice barely above a whisper. "I don't think I can do this."

Leehan's heart sank. "Do what?"

Jaehyun stood up, avoiding Leehan's eyes. "This... study session. I just... I can't."

Before Leehan could respond, Jaehyun turned and walked away, his steps quick and determined. Leehan watched him go, a sense of helplessness washing over him. He had hoped for a chance to understand his own feelings, but instead, he was left with more confusion and a deepening sense of loss.

As the door closed behind Jaehyun, Leehan slumped back in his chair, his heart heavy. A few moments later, Taesan and Woonhak approached, their expressions a mix of concern and sympathy.

"It didn't go well, did it?" Taesan asked gently.

Leehan shook his head, his eyes filled with sadness. "No, it didn't. He barely stayed for a few minutes."

Woonhak sighed, placing a comforting hand on Leehan's shoulder. "We'll figure something out, Leehan. Don't give up."

Leehan nodded, though his heart felt like it was breaking. "I just... I don't know what to do anymore."

The scene cut with Leehan looking despondent, his two best friends by his side, offering their silent support. The camera lingered on Leehan's face, capturing the depth of his sadness and the uncertainty of what lay ahead.

• ─────────── •

Jaehyun and Hanbin spent the afternoon at the amusement park, enjoying rides and playing games. Hanbin called it a date, but Jaehyun still thought of it as a friendly hangout. They laughed and had fun, but Jaehyun's thoughts occasionally drifted to Leehan, making it hard for him to fully engage in the moment.

As they were about to leave, Jaehyun received a message from Hana: "Can we meet later? I need your help planning something special for Leehan." Jaehyun's heart skipped a beat. He quickly replied, agreeing to meet her.

Later that evening, Jaehyun met Hana at a cozy café near the university. The place was quiet, with soft music playing in the background. Hana greeted him with a warm smile, and they settled into a corner booth.

"Thanks for coming, Jaehyun," Hana said, sipping her coffee. "I need your advice on how to make a perfect date for Leehan."

Jaehyun forced a smile, hiding the ache in his heart. "Of course, Hana. What do you have in mind?"

Hana leaned forward, her eyes sparkling with excitement. "I want to take him to the places he loves the most. I know he likes quiet, scenic spots. Do you have any suggestions?"

Jaehyun nodded, his mind racing through the memories of the times he spent with Leehan. "There's a beautiful spot by the lake, near the old willow tree. It's peaceful, and the view is amazing. We used to go there sometimes."

Hana's eyes lit up. "That sounds perfect! And what about activities? I want to make sure he enjoys every moment."

Jaehyun's heart ached as he thought about the dates he had always dreamed of having with Leehan. "He loves stargazing. There's a hill not too far from here that's perfect for watching the stars. Maybe you could pack a picnic and make it a surprise."

Hana beamed. "That's a wonderful idea, Jaehyun. Thank you so much!"

They spent the next hour planning every detail of the date. Jaehyun suggested Leehan's favorite foods for the picnic, the songs that would make him smile, and even the little gestures that would show how much Hana cared. Every suggestion came from a place of deep, unspoken love, and Jaehyun poured his heart into making the date perfect.

As they wrapped up their plans, Hana reached across the table and squeezed Jaehyun's hand. "I couldn't have done this without you. You're such a good friend, Jaehyun."

Jaehyun forced another smile, hiding the pain that threatened to overwhelm him. "I'm glad I could help, Hana. I hope you both have an amazing time."

Jaehyun walks back to his dorm, feeling the weight of his unspoken love pressing down on him. He knew he had done the right thing, but the ache in his heart was a constant reminder of the dreams he had to let go of.

• ─────────── •