Chapter 21

Jaehyun ran through the campus, tears streaming down his face, his heart pounding in his chest. His confrontation with Leehan had shattered the fragile walls he had built around his emotions. He needed to find his friends, the only ones who could offer him some semblance of comfort in this moment of anguish.

Bursting into Riwoo and Sungho's dorm, Jaehyun collapsed onto the floor, unable to utter a single word. His sobs filled the room, echoing the pain he felt deep inside. Riwoo and Sungho exchanged worried glances, understanding immediately that something terrible had happened.

"Jaehyun," Riwoo said softly, kneeling beside him, "it's okay. We're here."

Sungho joined them, placing a comforting hand on Jaehyun's back. "You don't have to say anything. Just let it out."

Jaehyun continued to cry, his body trembling with each sob. Riwoo and Sungho stayed by his side, offering silent support, their presence a lifeline in his storm of emotions. They knew their friend was in deep pain, and all they could do was be there for him, hoping their presence would provide some comfort.

Minutes turned into hours as Jaehyun's sobs gradually subsided, leaving him feeling drained and hollow. His friends sat with him in silence, understanding that words were unnecessary. They offered him tissues, water, and gentle pats on the back, small gestures that spoke volumes.

Jaehyun eventually lifted his head, his eyes red and swollen. "I... I can't do this anymore," he whispered, his voice breaking.

Riwoo frowned, concern etched on his face. "What do you mean, Jaehyun?"

Jaehyun took a shaky breath, trying to steady himself. "I think it's better if Leehan and I don't see each other anymore. For both our sakes."

Sungho's heart ached for his friend. "Are you sure about that?"

Jaehyun nodded, though his heart screamed in protest. "It hurts too much. Every time I see him with Hana, it only speaks pure torture to me. And now... he's mad at me for avoiding him. It's all too much." He threw his face to the pillows in the bed, furious that he couldn't even tell Leehan his feelings to him.

As Jaehyun lay on Riwoo's bed later that night, his thoughts drifted back to the best moment he had shared with Leehan. The night they had walked back to the ski lodge, the air filled with laughter and unspoken feelings. He had wished that night could last forever, that they could just stay in that perfect moment, away from the complications of reality.

"Let's not go home yet," he had thought back then, hoping to extend the beautiful connection they shared. Now, that memory felt like a cruel reminder of what he had lost. He realized with a heavy heart that he might never experience such a moment with Leehan again.

Tears welled up in Jaehyun's eyes once more, spilling over as he thought of his first love and the pain of unrequited feelings. He cried quietly into his pillow, mourning the loss of the closeness they once had and the future they could never have.

His friends, sensing his continued distress, stayed nearby, ready to offer comfort whenever he needed it. Jaehyun knew they were there for him, but the ache in his heart remained, a constant reminder of the love he couldn't have. He wished he could turn back time, but all he could do now was try to move forward, even if it felt like an impossible task.

• ─────────── •

Leehan tossed and turned in bed all night, haunted by the memory of his confrontation with Jaehyun. He couldn't shake the look of pain and despair in Jaehyun's eyes. Regret gnawed at him, making sleep impossible. As the first light of dawn crept into his room, Leehan made a decision: he needed to reconcile with Jaehyun, to mend the rift between them.