Chapter 38

Leehan sat in his dorm room, a mess of papers, discarded ideas, and sleepless nights evident around him. He stared at a blank sheet of paper, his mind racing with thoughts of how to bridge the gap between him and Jaehyun. The emotional weight of the previous days had taken its toll, but amidst the chaos, a spark of determination began to take root in his heart.

He scribbled a few ideas on the paper, then crossed them out in frustration. "How can I make this right?" he muttered to himself, running a hand through his disheveled hair.

Just then, the door swung open, and Taesan and Woonhak walked in, their faces a mix of concern and curiosity. They had heard about the confrontation between Jaehyun and Leehan and knew their friend needed support.

"Leehan," Taesan said, stepping over a pile of crumpled notes. "What's going on? You look like you haven't slept in days."

Leehan looked up, exhaustion etched into his features. "I need to fix things with Jaehyun. I need to find a way to close the distance between us and, when the time is right, confess to him."

Woonhak raised an eyebrow, impressed by Leehan's determination. "You've really thought this through, huh?"

Leehan nodded. "I can't lose him. I've been an idiot, and it took me too long to realize my feelings for him. But now, I'm certain. I love Jaehyun, and I need to make him see that."

Taesan and Woonhak exchanged a glance, their worry giving way to supportive smiles. "Well, if you're serious about this, we're here to help," Taesan said, clapping Leehan on the back.

Woonhak grinned. "Yeah, we can come up with a plan. Something that shows Jaehyun how much you care."

Leehan felt a surge of gratitude towards his friends. "Thank you. I really appreciate this."

They gathered around the table, brainstorming ideas on how to mend the rift between Leehan and Jaehyun. The energy in the room shifted from despair to hope, as they worked together to come up with a strategy that would help Leehan win back Jaehyun's trust and, hopefully, his heart.

"How about you start with small gestures?" Taesan suggested. "Things that show you're thinking of him and that you care."

Woonhak nodded. "Yeah, like leaving little notes or doing something special that only he would appreciate."

Leehan scribbled down their suggestions, a plan slowly taking shape in his mind. "I like that. It's subtle but meaningful."

"And once you've reestablished a connection, you can plan something bigger," Taesan added. "Something that really shows your feelings."

Leehan's determination grew stronger with each passing minute. "I'll do whatever it takes. I just want him to know how much he means to me."

His friends' encouragement and support gave Leehan a renewed sense of purpose. Together, they fine-tuned their plan, ready to help Leehan make things right with Jaehyun.

By the end of their session, Leehan felt more prepared than ever. "Thank you, guys. I couldn't do this without you."

Taesan grinned. "We're your friends, Leehan. We've got your back."

Woonhak patted Leehan on the shoulder. "Now, let's go out there and show Jaehyun just how much he means to you."

With a newfound sense of resolve and a solid plan in place, Leehan felt ready to take on the challenge of winning back Jaehyun's heart. As he looked at his friends, he knew he wasn't alone in this journey. Together, they would make sure that love found its way back to where it truly belonged.

Leehan, Taesan, and Woonhak left the dorm room, determination in their steps as they prepared to set their plan into motion. Leehan knew it wouldn't be easy, but with his friends by his side, he felt hopeful for the first time in days.

• ─────────── •

Leehan's determination was unwavering as he began to put his plan into action. Small gestures were his first step. He started by leaving little notes for Jaehyun, carefully placed where he knew Jaehyun would find them: in his locker, slipped into his books, or under his dorm room door. Each note carried a message of friendship, appreciation, and a hint of the deeper feelings Leehan was slowly starting to reveal.

Jaehyun, however, was not easily swayed. He picked up the notes with a mix of confusion and wariness. As much as he wanted to believe that Leehan's intentions were genuine, the scars of their past interactions were still fresh in his mind. He convinced himself that Leehan was simply trying to fix things with Hana and that his feelings for Jaehyun were nothing more than platonic.

In between classes, Jaehyun found himself avoiding Leehan more than ever. He kept his interactions with Hanbin and his other friends frequent, hoping to drown out the emotional turmoil that Leehan's gestures stirred within him. But Leehan was persistent. He tried to approach Jaehyun in the hallways, in the cafeteria, and even during their shared classes. Each time, Jaehyun would find an excuse to slip away or divert the conversation.

One afternoon, as Jaehyun walked out of the library with Hanbin, he saw Leehan waiting by the entrance. Leehan's face lit up with hope as he approached them.

"Jaehyun, can we talk?" Leehan asked, trying to keep his voice steady.

Jaehyun's eyes darted nervously to Hanbin, who gave him a supportive nod before stepping aside. Jaehyun took a deep breath and faced Leehan, crossing his arms defensively.

"What is it, Leehan?" Jaehyun's tone was cold, and Leehan felt a pang of hurt but pressed on.

"I just... I wanted to see how you were doing. And I miss hanging out with you," Leehan said, his voice sincere. "I miss our friendship, Jaehyun."

Jaehyun's expression hardened. "Leehan, I told you before. You should be focusing on fixing things with Hana. She deserves your attention more than anyone."

Leehan shook his head, frustrated. "It's not about Hana right now. I need to talk to you."

Jaehyun's gaze remained icy. "Then talk. But understand this, Leehan. I don't need you to fix anything for me. You should be fixing your relationship with Hana."

Leehan's heart sank at Jaehyun's resistance, but he refused to give up. "Jaehyun, please. Just hear me out."

Jaehyun sighed, his patience wearing thin. "Leehan, I don't want to hear it. I'm not your lover. You're just confused because things are rough with Hana. Go and fix things with her."

With that, Jaehyun turned on his heel and walked away, leaving Leehan standing there, feeling a mixture of defeat and determination. Hanbin watched from a distance, concern etched on his face.

Leehan clenched his fists, realizing that winning Jaehyun's trust and heart would be more challenging than he had anticipated. But he knew one thing for sure: he wasn't going to give up. He couldn't. Not when he was so certain of his feelings now.

As Leehan walked away from the library, Taesan and Woonhak joined him, having witnessed the exchange from afar. They placed comforting hands on his shoulders.

"It's going to be tough," Taesan said, his voice gentle.

Woonhak nodded in agreement. "Jaehyun just needs time. Keep showing him how much you care."

Leehan took a deep breath, feeling the support of his friends bolster his resolve. "I'll keep trying. No matter how long it takes."

Leehan, Taesan, and Woonhak walked away from the library, their steps filled with determination and a plan to win Jaehyun's heart. Leehan knew that the path ahead would be filled with obstacles, but he was ready to face them all, driven by the newfound clarity of his love for Jaehyun.

• ─────────── •