Chapter 45

The next day, Jaehyun felt a renewed sense of happiness as he walked through the university with Leehan. They had spent the previous night talking about their dreams, their fears, and their hopes for the future. It felt like they were truly starting fresh, and Jaehyun was determined to cherish every moment.

As they walked towards the cafeteria, Jaehyun noticed Leehan talking to the mysterious girl he had seen before. She was laughing at something Leehan had said, and Jaehyun felt a pang of jealousy. He tried to brush it off, but the feeling lingered.

Leehan noticed Jaehyun's expression change as they approached. "Hey, Jaehyun, this is Soojin. She's in one of my other lectures."

Soojin smiled warmly at Jaehyun. "Nice to meet you, Jaehyun. Leehan talks about you all the time."

Jaehyun forced a smile, feeling a mix of emotions. "Nice to meet you too, Soojin."

After a few more pleasantries, Soojin waved goodbye and headed off to her next class. Leehan turned to Jaehyun, noticing the tension in his expression. "Is everything okay?"

Jaehyun hesitated for a moment before blurting out, "Who is she? You seem really close."

Leehan raised an eyebrow, then chuckled softly. "Jaehyun, she's just a group member from one of my lectures. We're working on a project together."

Jaehyun felt a flush of embarrassment. "Oh. I just... I thought maybe..."

Leehan stepped closer, his eyes filled with amusement and affection. "You thought maybe I was interested in her?"

Jaehyun looked down, feeling a bit foolish. "I guess I was just jealous."

Leehan lifted Jaehyun's chin with his finger, looking into his eyes. "You have nothing to worry about. You're the only one I care about."

Jaehyun's cheeks turned pink, and he couldn't help but smile. "I guess I overreacted."

Leehan grinned and leaned in, kissing Jaehyun's forehead. "You're cute when you're jealous."

Jaehyun pouted playfully. "I'm not cute."

Leehan laughed, wrapping an arm around Jaehyun's shoulders as they continued walking. "Yes, you are. And I love it."

The rest of the day went by in a blur of classes and laughter. Jaehyun and Leehan sat together in their shared lectures, their shoulders touching and hands occasionally brushing against each other. It felt natural, like they had always been this close.

During lunch, they met up with their friends in the cafeteria. Riwoo and Sungho immediately noticed the change in Jaehyun's mood.

"Someone looks happy," Riwoo commented, raising an eyebrow.

Jaehyun smiled, glancing at Leehan. "Yeah, things are going really well."

Sungho nodded in approval. "It's good to see you smiling again."

As they ate, Leehan couldn't resist teasing Jaehyun a bit more about his earlier jealousy. "So, Jaehyun, are you going to interrogate all my group members now?"

Jaehyun rolled his eyes, but there was a playful glint in his eyes. "Only the ones who laugh at your jokes."

Their friends laughed, and the atmosphere was light and joyful. It felt like everything was falling into place.

Later that evening, Jaehyun and Leehan decided to take a walk through the park. The sun was setting, casting a warm glow over the trees and the pond filled with koi fish. They walked hand in hand, enjoying the peacefulness of the moment.

Jaehyun stopped by the pond, looking at the koi fish swimming lazily. "I used to come here and think about you."

Leehan squeezed his hand gently. "I used to come here and think about you too."

Jaehyun turned to look at him, his heart swelling with affection. "I'm glad we found our way back to each other."

Leehan smiled, pulling Jaehyun into a hug. "Me too. And I'm not letting you go again."

Jaehyun rested his head on Leehan's shoulder, feeling a sense of contentment and happiness that he hadn't felt in a long time. They stood there for a while, just holding each other, savoring the moment.

As the sky darkened and the stars began to twinkle, they reluctantly pulled away from each other. "We should probably head back," Leehan said softly.

Jaehyun nodded, but he didn't let go of Leehan's hand. "Yeah, let's go."

They walked back to the dorms, their hands intertwined, feeling closer than ever. The past few weeks had been a rollercoaster of emotions, but it had all led to this moment. They were finally together, and nothing else mattered.

As they reached the dormitory entrance, Leehan turned to Jaehyun with a serious expression. "Jaehyun, I want you to know that I'm here for you, no matter what. We can face anything together."

Jaehyun smiled, his eyes shining with gratitude and love. "I know. And I'm here for you too."

They shared a tender kiss before heading inside, ready to face whatever the future held, together. They walk down the hallway, hand in hand, their hearts full of hope and love for the journey ahead.

• ─────────── •