Chapter 35

Jaehyun sat on the edge of his bed, his face buried in his hands as he silently wept. His room was dimly lit, the weight of his emotions casting long shadows on the walls. Riwoo and Sungho entered the room, their expressions filled with concern and empathy.

Without saying a word, they sat down beside Jaehyun, each placing a comforting hand on his back. They didn't push him to talk, understanding that he needed time to process his pain. The room was filled with the quiet sounds of Jaehyun's sobs, the silence heavy with unspoken words.

Riwoo and Sungho exchanged glances, their determination to help their friend clear in their eyes. They moved to the small kitchen, giving Jaehyun some space while still keeping an eye on him.

Sungho leaned against the counter, his voice low. "He's been through so much. We need to help him find some peace."

Riwoo nodded, his expression serious. "Leehan's presence is making things worse for him. We need to keep them apart for now, give Jaehyun the space to heal."

They began to brainstorm ways to support Jaehyun, planning activities that would keep him occupied and distracted from his heartache. They knew it wouldn't be easy, but they were determined to do whatever it took to help their friend.

Back in the bedroom, Jaehyun's sobs had quieted, replaced by the sound of his uneven breathing. He felt exhausted, both physically and emotionally, but there was a small comfort in knowing his friends were there for him.

As the night wore on, Riwoo and Sungho took turns staying by Jaehyun's side, offering silent support. They made a silent pact to be there for him, to protect him from further pain and help him find his way back to happiness.

• ─────────── •

Leehan sat alone in his room, the light from his desk lamp casting a soft glow over his contemplative face. He stared blankly at the wall, his mind racing with conflicting emotions. The images of Jaehyun and Hanbin together haunted him, their laughter and closeness fueling a growing anger and jealousy within him.

Every time he thought of Hanbin's confession and the way Jaehyun seemed to enjoy his company, a knot tightened in his chest. He clenched his fists, the frustration and confusion nearly overwhelming. How could Jaehyun move on so easily? And why did it bother him so much?

As the memories of Jaehyun and Hanbin played in his mind, they were gradually replaced by his own cherished memories with Jaehyun. The late-night study sessions, the shared laughter over silly jokes, the quiet moments of understanding and support. Each memory brought a pang of longing and a deep sense of loss.

Leehan leaned back in his chair, closing his eyes as the realization slowly dawned on him. His feelings for Jaehyun ran deeper than he had ever acknowledged. It wasn't just friendship; it was something more, something he had been too blind to see until now.

Determined to understand his emotions, Leehan grabbed his phone and called Taesan and Woonhak. They arrived quickly, sensing the urgency in his voice. The three of them sat in Leehan's living room, the air heavy with anticipation.

Leehan took a deep breath, his voice trembling slightly as he spoke. "I think... I think I have feelings for Jaehyun. Real feelings. And seeing him with Hanbin... it's driving me crazy."

Taesan and Woonhak exchanged knowing glances, their expressions softening. "We've seen it too," Taesan admitted. "You're not just jealous, Leehan. You care about Jaehyun in a way that's more than just friendship."

Woonhak nodded in agreement. "You need to figure out what you truly want. But whatever it is, you have our support."

Leehan felt a mix of relief and fear. Admitting his feelings was one thing, but acting on them was another. He knew he had to be honest with himself and with Jaehyun, but the thought of hurting Hana weighed heavily on him.

"We need to keep this between us for now," Leehan said, his voice firm. "I don't want to hurt Hana any more than she already is. I need to sort this out first."

His friends nodded in agreement, their solidarity giving Leehan a sense of comfort and resolve. They would help him navigate his feelings, support him through the challenges ahead, and protect the bonds of their friendship.

Leehan stared out of the window, his heart heavy with the realization of his love for Jaehyun and the uncertainty of what lay ahead.

• ─────────── •