Part 11 - House Warming

*STEPHANIE'S POV*

"So, who is this girl? I'm not getting a very good vibe from her..." I said to Abbey while looking at Charlotte. 

"She apparently has a huge crush on Nathan." She told me, taking a sip of her beer.

"Damn. This boy sure has a following." I replied.

"Yeah, but Ollie and Siva both told me to not worry. Nathan doesn't feel the same way that she does. But they both said to watch out for her because she's not one to back down..." She said with raised eyebrows.

"Just don't go punching anyone again. You need both of your hands to shower and I'm not helping you with that if you break your other one." I laughed.

"I won't, trust me." She replied with a smile. She started looking around. "Where is he anyway?" Jay walked up to me and put his arm around me then. 

"Jay have you seen Nath?" Abbey asked him.

"Yeah he's in the kitchen." Jay replied. She went to go find him.

The boys' neighbors definitely knew how to throw a party. Everyone was having a great time and I was meeting so many new people. 

I turned around to see Abbey run outside crying. Nathan was following her right at her heels looking extremely concerned. I looked up at Jay, confused. 

He shrugged his shoulders. "I have no idea..." He said to me.

Then I saw Charlotte come out into the living room from the kitchen with a smug look on her face.

"Oh shit..." I said. "Charlotte did something with Nathan." Jay's eyes grew huge with realization.

I followed Abbey outside where Nathan was trying really hard to explain himself.

"Please! Abbey! You have to believe me! She kissed me! SHE came on to ME. I didn't want that! Please just believe me!" He was pleading.

"You know what Nath, we aren't even together anyway. So you can do whatever you want with her. Just leave me the fuck alone." She said through her tears.

"Hey..." I chimed in. They both turned around. 

"Just go away Nathan. I don't want to be around you right now." Abbey said to him.

He turned around and sulked off back into the house. 

She started sobbing. "I should've fucking known something was going to happen." She said sitting down on the curb. She folded her arms on her knees and rested her head on them.

I sat down next to her. "How do you know he's not telling the truth Abbey? Maybe try letting him explain himself a little better." 

"Why should I? And even if he is telling the truth, why should I want to be with someone who has SO many girls going after him? Why would he ever choose me over them?!" She replied.

"Abbey. Stop. You're not thinking straight. You've had a hard day and you need to get this figured out. Didn't Ollie AND Siva both tell you to not worry about Nathan when it came to this Charlotte girl?" I asked. "Why don't you just go back inside and let him explain himself, give him the benefit of the doubt." 

"Hey." We both turned around to see Siva standing there. 

"Hi." Abbey sniffed. He sat down on her opposite side.

"I just talked to Nathan. He's really upset. Just wishes he could explain himself." Siva said. 

I looked at Abbey. "Told you." I said.

"I am so not in the mood for the I-told-you-so talk Steph." She snapped at me.

"Abbey, just go talk to him. I really think she came on to him. He didn't want anything to do with her." Siva said.

"Fine. But get that girl out of here. I'm not kidding." She told Siva seriously.

"I will. Just go talk to Nathan." Siva replied.

She got up and walked inside. 

I turned and looked at Seev. "Think he's telling the truth?" I asked.

"Yeah. This girl has been an issue for a while, Nathan has just been trying to steer clear from her but it's hard since she's Max's sister, she's always there." He said.

People started trickling out the door little by little. Seev and I stood up and walked back inside. I looked for Abbey and Nathan but I couldn't see them. I walked over to Jay. 

"Where are they?" I asked him. 

"Went upstairs." He said.

"And where's Charlotte?" I asked angrily. 

"Taking a verbal beating from Max in his room. Better hope he kicks her out." He replied.

"If he doesn't I will. I'll fucking drop kick her ass." I said.

Just then Max's bedroom door opened and she stormed out with her bags. She didn't even look at anyone, she just walked out the front door and slammed it. I looked over at Max. He rubbed his face in frustration and turned to go back to his room, Ollie followed. 

"Well...tonight sucked." I said. Jay put his arm around my shoulders and squeezed. 

"Don't worry babe. It'll work itself out." He said, and kissed my forehead.

*ABBEY'S POV*

I sat on my bed crying. I couldn't stop crying. Nathan was sitting next to me.

"Why wouldn't you ask her to leave if you didn't want her here Nathan?!" I asked.

"I didn't have a choice! She's Max's sister, I can't just send the girl packing. Abbey please. You have to believe me." He pleaded.

"I believe you Nathan! But that's not the point!" I said.

"Then help me understand..." He trailed off.

"I'm just scared. You have all of these beautiful girls going after you and I'm not strong enough to compete with them." I explained. 

"This isn't a competition, Abbey. It never has been. Everything is just circumstantial. I don't want these girls. I want you. I wish you could see that." He tucked a piece of loose hair behind my ear and wiped my tears away. 

"I just need some time to get my head on straight." I told him. "I told you I don't want to rush this and I'm serious. Just give me some space, I need to think some things through." His face fell. He looked so heartbroken. 

"Okay. If that's what you want." He said. I looked up to see a tear roll down his cheek, that just made me cry harder. 

"I'm sorry." I told him.

"You have nothing to apologize for, love. Just let me know when you're ready. I'll be here." He kissed my forehead and left the room.

What was I supposed to do now? I wanted to be with Nathan but I couldn't compete with all these girls. I curled up in a ball on my bed and cried until I fell asleep.