Part 45 - A Visitor

We all celebrated our good news by going through about five bottles of wine. By the end of the night I was stumbling a bit. We were all sitting on the couch or on the floor in the the living room and little by little everyone started going to bed. 

Nathan stood up and grabbed my hand before leading me upstairs. He pushed me backward on the bed and started kissing me playfully all over my face and neck, then he stopped and laid down on his side next to me, his arm draped across my torso. I stared up at the ceiling with the stupidest smile on my face. When I turned to look at Nathan he was looking at me with the same stupid smile. I leaned in and kissed him. 

"Never thought I'd be living this dream." He said. 

"If anyone's living the dream, it's me." I replied. "If it weren't for this job, I wouldn't have you."

"I love my job, and I love my fans... but I've never been as happy doing what I do until now, and if I lost you, I wouldn't be as happy doing it." He said. My breath hitched and I looked at him, trying not to cry. I didn't know what to do when he said things to me like that... no one has ever talked to me in such a way and it was so hard to believe, but it always made me so happy. All I could do was show him how he made me feel by kissing him, but I somehow felt like that wasn't good enough. I felt conflicted... and he saw it in my face.

"What is it?" He asked, stroking my cheek. I smiled and shook my head. 

"I try to stray away from the cheesy shit... but you seriously just don't know how often you take my breath away when you say that kind of stuff to me. I've never had anyone say the things that you say to me... no one's ever loved me as much as you, and sometimes it makes me feel weird-- but good weird!" I always sucked at getting my words out at times like these. He laughed and continued stroking my cheek. "I love you so much that I don't know what to do with myself sometimes." I finished with a frustrated look. He smiled. 

"The feeling's mutual, love." He leaned in and kissed me softly. When he pulled away I wrapped my arms around his neck and hugged him tight for a few minutes. 

"Okayyy enough of the sappiness." I told him, pulling away and sitting up. He laughed and sat up with me.

"I'm going to go shower, then." He said before walking out the door scratching the back of his head. I took this opportunity to take out my laptop and start handling some things regarding moving overseas. Nathan came back in my room about 15 minutes later and sat behind me on my bed to see me looking at London apartments. "Love... have I not told you? Jay and I already have a place together in London." He chuckled. I let out a sigh of relief. 

"Thank god." I said and leaned back on the bed, only to have the room start spinning. "Whoa..." I said sitting back up. 

"You alright?" He asked. 

"Yeah... wine's just got to me..." I replied. He nodded like he understood and then got up to leave again. I changed into my pajamas before climbing under the covers and turning on the TV. Nathan returned five minutes later with a cup of tea and some advil for me. "Thank you." I said, giving him a kiss and then taking the tablets.

"Get some rest." He said. 

"I can't... I always have to sober up before I sleep or else the room will spin when my eyes are closed and I'll either throw up or just not be able to sleep." I replied. He looked at me with raised eyebrows for a good five seconds before looking back at the TV, trying not to laugh. "I know I'm weird." I laughed. 

"That's a bit of an understatement." He said with a sarcastic smile. 

"Thanks a lot." I replied. He looked at me with the cutest grin and then leaned in to kiss me before lying down and resting his head on my chest with his arm draped over my stomach, holding me close. I stayed awake for another hour or so watching Family Guy before finally drifting off to sleep. 

I still had a hangover the next morning. I woke up really early with a splitting headache and I couldn't go back to sleep, so I went downstairs to make some coffee and take some more medicine and I found Siva awake on the couch. 

"Mornin'!" He said. 

"Hey." I yawned. "You're up early."

"I'm always up this early."

"You're crazy. It's 7 AM and it's Sunday. Don't you want to rest?" I asked. He shrugged.

"Why are you up so early?" He asked me. 

"Hungover. Bad headache. I can't sleep." I replied tiredly. He nodded. I made my coffee and took my medicine, then went over to the couch and wrapped the throw blanket around me before sitting down. 

We heard a knock on the door then and looked at each other in confusion.

"What the hell..." I said as Siva and I both stood up and walked toward the door. Siva looked through the windows at the top of the door to see who it was and then turned around to give me a shocked look. Before I could see who it was, he took my hand and started dragging me down the hall.

"Seev what the hell..." I tried to get out of his grasp, but it was no use. In the pit of my stomach I knew why he wouldn't let me see who it was, but I didn't want to jinx it. He stopped in front of Max and Ollie's bedroom door and started knocking. A few seconds later Max opened the door shirtless and looking tired. 

"Mate...?" He asked with half closed eyes.

Siva replied with the words I was hoping wouldn't come out of his mouth... "your sister is here." My stomach dropped and I looked at Max. His eyes got wide as he walked past me and down the hall to answer the door. 

"Charlotte... you're back..." He said blandly, opening the door. She walked into the house without being invited in. I stood behind Siva with my arms folded. The last time I saw Charlotte she had apologized to me and Nathan for over stepping her boundaries and kissing him when him and I had first started dating, so we weren't on bad terms, but I wasn't exactly excited to see her either.

"I texted you last week telling you I'd be here Sunday morning..." She said. I looked at Max.

"That was when all of that shit was going on with you guys back in Houston... I forgot to tell you, I'm sorry." He said with a really apologetic look. 

"It's okay." I replied. Then I walked upstairs back to my room to wake up Nathan. 

"Babe... babe..." I lightly shook Nathan awake. He opened his eyes slowly. 

"Mmm?" 

"We have a visitor..." I said with raised eyebrows. He saw my unhappy face and sat up, rubbing his face. 

"It's 7 AM... who the hell is here right now?" He asked.

"...Charlotte." His eyes grew big and then his head dropped into his hands. 

"Jesus Christ... it never ends." He said. I nodded in agreement. "Fuck it." He pulled me down next to him and held me there spooning me. "We'll deal with it later. Let's go back to sleep." 

I smiled and turned around to kiss him before snuggling into the curves of his body perfectly and drifting back to sleep within minutes.